Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how can i cut this?

how can i cut this?

see those two fan intakes? look how much airflow is being blocked by the metal... SUX!! what can i use around the house that any normal garage would have? no power tools...

help!
    Originally posted by UnitedWeStand Don't go walking up to her and say "I just had a vasectomy wanna celebrate?
    Originally posted by EvilAngel Actually Kitten just got the sonagram done and the doc thought it was twins at first, but soon realized that it was the boys pen1s laying next to him....lol
    Said by XSeanX on AIM I wish girls were a lot easier
    Originally posted by Needlefreak May the fleas of a thousand taliban camels feast happily on your lower region..
    Originally posted by Jim Heart attack on a bun?

Folding Thunder
    I used a pair of tin snippers to cut mine. You can try that or a dremel if you've got one.
    The tin snippers i have are not the bulky iron ones, these are the ones that are spring loaded and have the yellow handle grips with a smaller set of blades.

hmm... i think my friend has a pair of the bigger tin snips.. i know i could borrow those. but they wouldnt fit thru the hole

hmmmm

ideas anybody?
    Originally posted by UnitedWeStand Don't go walking up to her and say "I just had a vasectomy wanna celebrate?
    Originally posted by EvilAngel Actually Kitten just got the sonagram done and the doc thought it was twins at first, but soon realized that it was the boys pen1s laying next to him....lol
    Originally posted by Needlefreak May the fleas of a thousand taliban camels feast happily on your lower region..

Folding Thunder
    The bigger ones will leave a real mess and they're harder to work with. Try and get yourself a pair at the hardware store. Always come in handy when u wanna do a job with a case and don't want all that noise of a dremel or jig saw.

and besides, you gotta drill the holes a bit larger to get the snippers in there to cut. Start from the middle and work yourself around the edge. be sure to mark the circle with a marker and stay in the line. Then get yourself some car door molding at an auto parts store, the stuff that goes at the edge of the door. It comes in different colors and it's self adhesive. It'll clean up the look after you've made a mistake and cut alittle outside the line. It's alittle tuff to get on but trust me you'll luv the way it looks afterwards !

i could care less how it looks. its covered up by the front of my case, lol. i just need air to go thru there

dude....buy a dremel...you have a job...and dremels are only around 30-40 bucks....stop being a cheapass
    AMD Athlon 1900+ XP | ASUS A7V266E mobo |Visiontek Xtasy GeForce3 Ti500 | 40gb HD 7200 | 16X DVD | 256mb DDR | SBlaster Audigy XGamer | Windows 2000 | Cooler Master ATC-210 Azure
    Originally posted by YARDofSTUF
    this dude needs some pimpish SG title lol

buy it once and never use it again? sounds like my dads garage tool kit

with scissors!
    "Would you mind not standing on my chest, my hats on fire." - The Doctor

Get a dremel tool...You'll use it the rest of your life...Good investment if you ask me. Look for a starter kit so to speak. You can find em on sale for under 50 bucks usually.

Folding Thunder
    Originally posted by downhill
    Get a dremel tool...You'll use it the rest of your life...Good investment if you ask me. Look for a starter kit so to speak. You can find em on sale for under 50 bucks usually.
    Ive seen em for 29.99 @ Home depot

Mississauga, Ontario , Canada. Behaviour : Good
    dremel has thousands of uses.. I have one.. and many other power tools.. I'm one of those people that just buy things to put around..

or even a nice drill bit with a nice drill would work tooo..

The quickest and simplest thing to use is a hole saw. The pilot hole is already there. Second choice would be either a nibbler or a jigsaw. See if your dad has either. In fact, why not just ask him what he's got that will do the job.

Dremel is a form of entertainment. Not a tool.
    "Mr President, you have big balls" - Dominica prime minister Eugenia Charles to Ronald Reagan after the invasion of Grenada, 1983

"We win and they lose. What do you think of that?" - Ronald Reagan, 1977

Originally posted by poptom
    The quickest and simplest thing to use is a hole saw. The pilot hole is already there. Second choice would be either a nibbler or a jigsaw. See if your dad has either. In fact, why not just ask him what he's got that will do the job.

Dremel is a form of entertainment. Not a tool.

Hole saw would be great, I bought a 9 holesaw set, each different sizes for about $12 at a flea market, it came with all the parts to mount it on a regular electric drill.

My~Rig
    |Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Toledo 2.0GHz @ 2.5Ghz||ASROCK 939Dual-SATA2||OCZ Platinum 2GB (2 x 1GB) PC3200|ZALMAN 120MM CNPS7700-CU|
    |ATI XT 1600 PRO|CSB SB0570 Audigy SE 7.1||WD SE16 SATA 320GB HD|Hitachi SATA 160GB HD|Thermaltake TR2 W0070 ATX 430W Power Supply |WIN 7 Ultimate| (College Budget)

jaws of life?

LuiKhang
    you could just use a wire cutter, case medal is usually soft. It shouldnt need a shop smith.

You have many options:
    Aviation snips or the likes, as LT said
    torch (don't recommend that you do this method! )
    $2 cutting wheel for a normal drill
    Dremel
    Nibblers
    wrap tape or a rag around a hack saw blade
    drill holes all around the circumference
    file (if you have a couple of months to spare! heheheh)
    etch (Again several months!)
    Ginsu knife! LMAO! (They say it will cut anything! )
    Hole saw
    jig saw
    Sawz all
    take to local machine shop, auto body shop, welding shop, etc..., they should do it for ~$10 is prob your best bet... Be sure to remove everything possible first!

Re: how can i cut this?

Originally posted by TEH WIN
    see those two fan intakes? look how much airflow is being blocked by the metal... SUX!! what can i use around the house that any normal garage would have? no power tools...

help!
    http://www.reviewnation.com/a_fanholes_1.shtml - read and learn... improves airflow quite a bit, but make sure that u TOTALY clean out your case first.... last i checked metal shavings and mobos didnt mix....
    ----Dave
    Founder / Editor-in-Chief
    http://www.reviewnation.com

Show us some love in the RN forums (hosted by AthonXP) - ReviewNation under "Affiliates" or CLICK HERE

[AMD XP 1700+] [EPoX 8K3A+] [512mb Mushkin PC3000 DDR Ram] [40Gb IBM] [GeForce 4 Ti4200] [19" Sony G420 Trinitron Monitor]

RN LOGO CONTEST - GOING ON NOW!!! ENTER AND WIN!!!

ok i just bought a nibbler. the tool will only fit in the middle hole. should i just go from the middle, nibbling my way to the outside, and cut the entire thing out or should i leave some metal intact?

Cut it all out. You can add a grille to keep fingers out if you like.
    "Mr President, you have big balls" - Dominica prime minister Eugenia Charles to Ronald Reagan after the invasion of Grenada, 1983

"We win and they lose. What do you think of that?" - Ronald Reagan, 1977

Originally posted by poptom
    Cut it all out. You can add a grille to keep fingers out if you like.
    ok. it wont make the case weak or anything?

that entire area is covered up with the front of the case, so fingers wont be a problem