Thread: help problem with folding

help problem with folding

just started folding and am having a problem.after i start f@h and i look at progress,i get the screen showing program is working.i close it,it's still running,i still see icon in task bar.problem is, when i later try to look at progress,it restart's my computer,does it everytime!HELP!!!!!! pentium 4 1.6 dsl,rookie!

Re: help problem with folding

Originally posted by skyman
    just started folding and am having a problem.after i start f@h and i look at progress,i get the screen showing program is working.i close it,it's still running,i still see icon in task bar.problem is, when i later try to look at progress,it restart's my computer,does it everytime!HELP!!!!!! pentium 4 1.6 dsl,rookie!
    Hey Skyman,
    Welcome to SpeedGuide and THANKS for joining the Team!

As I told you on the phone, this is the place to get your problem solved. These guys know much more about it than I do, and they like to help people!

To recap, Skyman dl'ed Folding, at my recommendation due to the merging. He has taken it out of start up and placed a desktop shortcut. When he right clicks to look at the progress, the first time is fine, but it always causes a reboot the 2nd time he wants to check progress... (I know, tell him to just not check progress twice! )

Anyway, he seems to have a different version than I do, maybe the Beta, I am not sure..., and I have no clue on what the problem is. Maybe he is closing instead of hiding the window... Any help you, guys could give is appreciated as he lives on the other side of town, and all I know to do would be to drive over and just start experimenting...

Folding Thunder
    Ok lets see
    First off Hiya skyman ! Welcome to the Fold

Second: what version did you download? If its the beta version, it will say beta 3.0
    Just uninstall it and re-install F@H 2.0 for now.

Create a folder for it instead of the icon. Set it up:
    User name, and team # 15
    Ask for work-No
    Proxy?-No then let it do its thing

Most likely u might have the beta but its odd the pc keeps rebooting
    I have the beta and all of a sudden it just went out.
    When the program starts just minimize it to the tray

Oh btw ,stop checking on it more than once !
    Hope this werks for ya

Broke
    Welcome to the team, I bet Ken went and filled your head with a bunch of junk about what great guys we are, If he did then it was money well spent.........lol
    You could run a monitoring proggy like EMIII then you don't have to click on it again