Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 50

Thread: We are going to see Nuclear War.......

  1. #21
    Freak Gandalf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    ??????
    Posts
    2,491
    I understand Norm


    I don't take it as offense and what you say is also true.. its Humans that affect their own religion... So call Holy War? such bullcrap.. fight for you religious right? all buncha bs .... why don't we just all get along, War is fighting for Power not Religion from what i see, all through history this is what War is about from what i see.

    No War = Peace

    Peace = War

    always will be.


    God bless you all.
    Give me a fish, and you feed me for a day, teach me to fish and I won't be so damn lazy.

  2. #22
    Elite Member Norm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    14,144
    With all these Gods hanging around in peoples imaginations it's no surprize that humans can't get along. Humans can't even use thier reasoning skills very well, so fights break out everywhere over misperceptions, misinterpretations, and many other elusive imaginary reasons.

    I'll take my chances with the nukes.
    People and religions torture me, nukes are a quick way out.

    Better yet, let the Gods fight it out themselves

  3. #23
    Maneater JawZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    21,941
    It all makes sense now....of all my weird ass dreams, this is one I wish would have never come true.

    ...formerly the omnipotent UOD

  4. #24
    Elite Member TonyT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    10,344
    No one has any right to force data on you
    and command you to believe it or else.
    If it is not true for you, it isn't true.

    LRH

  5. #25
    SG Enthusiast cybotron r_9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    On the beach with 30 knots of breeze
    Posts
    4,269

  6. #26
    SG Enthusiast cybotron r_9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    On the beach with 30 knots of breeze
    Posts
    4,269
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyT View Post

  7. #27
    R.I.P. Nov 2015 RaisinCain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,950
    Are any of you religious? Read the Bible. Everything that is going to happen is starting or has been started for a while now. It is just a matter of time.

  8. #28
    Freedom Fighter jeremyboycool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    5,011
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisinCain View Post
    Are any of you religious? Read the Bible. Everything that is going to happen is starting or has been started for a while now. It is just a matter of time.
    "Everything that is going to happen is starting or has been started for a while now. It is just a matter of time."

    We live in a deterministic existence, as such what you have said is true for everything. Leaving your statement too vague and ambiguous to have any real value.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

  9. #29
    Freedom Fighter jeremyboycool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    5,011
    Should I take this thread resurrection as indication that Speedguide is still a soapbox for the prophesying for the end of times?
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

  10. #30
    R.I.P. Nov 2015 RaisinCain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,950
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyboycool View Post
    "Everything that is going to happen is starting or has been started for a while now. It is just a matter of time."

    We live in a deterministic existence, as such what you have said is true for everything. Leaving your statement too vague and ambiguous to have any real value.
    No it doesn't. I guess it depends on what exactly you believe in.

  11. #31
    R.I.P. Nov 2015 RaisinCain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,950
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyboycool View Post
    Should I take this thread resurrection as indication that Speedguide is still a soapbox for the prophesying for the end of times?
    You seem to disregard anyone that posts their opinion about anything here anyway.

  12. #32
    Freedom Fighter jeremyboycool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    5,011
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisinCain View Post
    No it doesn't. I guess it depends on what exactly you believe in.
    Causality happens or does not happen whether you believe in it or not. So either there is a significant reason to worry about the immediate threat of a fallout or there is not. When people start to use phrases like, "depends on what you believe in" it tells me that their conclusion rest in opinion and not in facts.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

  13. #33
    Freedom Fighter jeremyboycool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    5,011
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisinCain View Post
    You seem to disregard anyone that posts their opinion about anything here anyway.
    Sorry that you feel that way, but when it comes to something like nuclear war I an not interested in people's opinions. I am only interested in the facts. I think some people get so use to predicting the end of times around every corner that they start to approach it in an overly casual manner.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

  14. #34
    R.I.P. Nov 2015 RaisinCain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,950
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyboycool View Post
    Causality happens or does not happen whether you believe in it or not. So either there is a significant reason to worry about the immediate threat of a fallout or there is not. When people start to use phrases like, "depends on what you believe in" it tells me that their conclusion rest in opinion and not in facts.
    No. You are misinterpreting and taking my replies out of context. That is how you reply with your general thoughts and opinions which don't have any more weight than my own or anyone else who posts in this thread. People have a right to their opinion regardless of what you "think" they mean by posting it.

  15. #35
    Freedom Fighter jeremyboycool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    5,011
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisinCain View Post
    No. You are misinterpreting and taking my replies out of context. That is how you reply with your general thoughts and opinions which don't have any more weight than my own or anyone else who posts in this thread. People have a right to their opinion regardless of what you "think" they mean by posting it.
    Of course you have a right to your opinions. I never said anything otherwise.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

  16. #36
    R.I.P. Nov 2015 RaisinCain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,950
    No but it was implied.

  17. #37
    Freedom Fighter jeremyboycool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    5,011
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisinCain View Post
    No but it was implied.
    Where?
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

  18. #38
    R.I.P. Nov 2015 RaisinCain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,950
    In your responses. Let it go. I am over this BS going back and forth with you.

  19. #39
    R.I.P. Nov 2015 RaisinCain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,950
    You're just trolling at this point anyway.

  20. #40
    Freedom Fighter jeremyboycool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    5,011
    Or perhaps you don't know me as well as you thought.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •