Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XP Help and Tweak Sites

The tips and tweaks are good articles, however, what I am wondering is whether there is/are methods in determining what the various threads and processes that get to be running under XP, connect to or adminstered by.
    A lot of the names that show up with the Task Manager, are someone's shorthand. They are not usually too informative. So far, on it's own, the window's OS has not the capability to pull up what may be critical and what could be superfluous and able to be eliminated.
    At times the number of processes float above 66 and has reached in excess of 80 even though there are no more than 11 task bar background tasks and task manager itself running.

Advanced Member
    HELP! Several months ago, I was directed to a web site by all you great folks here at SG.NET where there was a list of all the various Windows XP Services and it helped with tweaking Windows to run better. It gave a description of each service and the recommended state to run with, (Auto, Manual or Disabled).

I need that and cant find it. Can someone please direct me to this again. I will save it as a favorite this time. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Gon John View Post
    HELP! Several months ago, I was directed to a web site by all you great folks here at SG.NET where there was a list of all the various Windows XP Services and it helped with tweaking Windows to run better. It gave a description of each service and the recommended state to run with, (Auto, Manual or Disabled).

I need that and cant find it. Can someone please direct me to this again. I will save it as a favorite this time. Thanks!!
    http://www.theeldergeek.com/services_guide.htm ?

Advanced Member
    Thanks! It was the Elder Geek one. I saved it this time!