Thread: This is amazing....simply amazing

This is amazing....simply amazing

I am posting this using Palm VNC. I have control over my desktop computer via my wireless PDA and I can do anything! Now I can surf at broadband speeds because my PDA just needs to get the screen info....this is insane and dangerous...

I can not believe the power of computers.

Does anyone else use VNC? I use it for working on client computers but now...I can do it from my damn PDA...unbelievable!!!!!

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

What kinda range? Like wireless range(phone) or a network setup? If yer saying what I think yer sayin, you can surf ANYWHERE at cable speeds, and that IS dangerous. Cool stuff man.
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.

Tucson, Arizona Processor: GenuineIntel Member #4896
    heh. Just got a platinum (my deluxe was stolen ). You have the omnisky service, right?
    If your browser can't read unicode, you should probably switch!

Mississauga, Ontario , Canada. Behaviour : Good
    I know eh.. just imagine.. 5 10 years from now.. we'll be looking into a very thin piece of thing.. like a pda and we can see someone's face in real time and talk to time...

that pda can also act as your credit card and what not... just go to a grocer.. pick what u need and just walk out and they'll charge it to yer account... aint that great..

we're living in a great time..

Originally posted by Qwijib0
    heh. Just got a platinum (my deluxe was stolen ). You have the omnisky service, right?
    I have GoAmerica. It's a 19.2kbps connection but all the info is heavily compressed. Painting the screen on the PDA of my desktop is fast as hell. Much faster than actually surfing the net from the PDA itself....

Brembo--The range is only limited to areas that do not get ANY cell phone coverage...nationwide. I could control my PC from California using my PDA.

This is sorta creepy in a way.

The killer thing about this is...I am writing these posts using graffiti which is the Palm OS handwriting recognition software lol...no more typing!!!! w00t!

Blog Entries
    Hey UOD, which pda are you using? I'm thinking of getting a couple...one for me, and one for my daughter when she starts middle school next year...
    ------
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

Originally posted by Indy
    Hey UOD, which pda are you using? I'm thinking of getting a couple...one for me, and one for my daughter when she starts middle school next year...
    Handspring Visor Prism. They are out of stock right now at their site but they should be in other online stores and definitely around local BestBuys or other outlet.

I think the BX has them still also. I can get you a price if you'd like...no taxes and cheap too. Just have to pay for shipping from me.

Tucson, Arizona Processor: GenuineIntel Member #4896
    Visor Prism?
    If your browser can't read unicode, you should probably switch!

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by UOD

Handspring Visor Prism. They are out of stock right now at their site but they should be in other online stores and definitely around local BestBuys or other outlet.

I think the BX has them still also. I can get you a price if you'd like...no taxes and cheap too. Just have to pay for shipping from me.
    I may have to keep you in mind for that...that's one thing I definitely do miss since getting out of the Navy
    ------
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

These pics suck because my digi cam sucks...it was a freebie from Earthlink lol.

You can view your desktop at 1:1, 1:2, 1:3, or 1:4 or entire desktop. I like the 1:2 the best.

Blog Entries
    What kind of rates are you getting with your isp for the wireless service, if you don't mind me asking?
    ------

SpeedFreak
    very cool

What kind of rates are you getting with your isp for the wireless service, if you don't mind me asking?
    It's quite expensive. I am on the unlimited plan for 44.95 a month and I only paid $49 for the modem through them...it normally sells for over $300.

They do have other plans for less but you are limited in monthly bandwidth but I have learned that it takes quite a bit of usage to reach their cap.

I wanted the unlimited plan so I could grow...with killer apps like this, which are free, I can now justify the higher rate plan...

While I do love my Prism...I want a Pocket PC based PDA with wireless connectivity. It's just that the apps for the PC PDA's aren't out there in force like the Palm based stuff.

Tucows PDA is a great site to see what is out there.

Blog Entries
    I've been in a few homes where people have had the Compaq iPaq handhelds...those look pretty slick, but haven't had a chance to actually play with one, so I'll hold judgement on them for the time being....but if they can do something like the iPaq and bring the price down a couple hundred dollars in the next 6 months or so, I'll definitely be looking into one of those
    ------

I've been in a few homes where people have had the Compaq iPaq handhelds...those look pretty slick, but haven't had a chance to actually play with one, so I'll hold judgement on them for the time being....but if they can do something like the iPaq and bring the price down a couple hundred dollars in the next 6 months or so, I'll definitely be looking into one of those
    New Palm OS will be out soon also...

Pocket PC 2002 is really nothing more than a mini-WinXP. so if you really need a pocket Windows machine...you can't beat it at all. they are awesome.

Plus the games on Pocket PC are wayyyyy cool also. The Palm has some great ones as well but there is only so much you can do on the little Dragonball CPU insdie the Palms...

I think Pocket PC's are looking at another CPU upgrade as well...something more than the current 206mhz Strong Arm Processors.

Things are changing fast....small devices will be the next big thing.

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by UOD

Things are changing fast....small devices will be the next big thing.
    Nice play on words

Have to agree with you there...I see big potential in the handheld markets...
    ------

Originally posted by UOD

Yes! I would like a price on one.

Originally posted by usualsuspect58

Yes! I would like a price on one.

n/p

Will post the prices back in this thread...stay tuned.