Thread: Bitchy bar maid, would you tip?

Question Bitchy bar maid, would you tip?

Ok, so I went out again last night with a couple of people from work, a guy and a girl. They got there first and I showed up about an hour later. I had to sit there for 15 minutes before the bar maid even asked me if I wanted something. She was too busy making passes and coming on to the guy. Every time she came to the table she basically ignored me and the girl and focused on the guy. Needless to say I never tipped her for hjer crappy service. Even the guy thought she was a bitch. THEN, when she did ask what myself and the girl wanted she was snappy with us. NO TIP FOR YOU BITCH! So basically because the girl and I were not being waited on very well, we never tipped her. I had to even ask the barmaid " Can I get a drink for the lady?" She had the nerve to say that we had to wait because someone was doing a karaokee song for her. BITCH! Then the guy we were with was ordering a drink and handed her a five and she was like "Oh, is this my tip?". She had the nerve to ask for a tip. We ended up having to go to the bar to get our drinks. So we tipped the bartender and not the barmaid. The girl I was with handed the bartender a tip right in front of the barmaid. I thought that was funny. Needless to say the lady never came back to our table. She was just snotty and rude.

I wouldn't tip, I'd also see that she got fired! That's totally uncalled for.

no, no tip fer mean bitchy barmaids!
    Go ahead qoute my post, you know you want to.

You don't f*** with someone trying to get a beer, or any alcohol for that matter. You find out what they want and get it for them stat.
    Respect it.

Blog Entries
    Hi mikemean

You Tip for Service not attitude.

If it was me i'd not have tipped her either. I'd also let the Bartender know about the service or lack thereof as well. They are usually in charge of floor staff.

They are in the Service business and if their staff is not supplying it then they are losing money. This is not their objective believe me.

I hope your night was OK anyway.

regards

minir

That is a really stupid thing for anyone that gets the majority of their pay from tips to act. She is either working just to pick up men of is mentally challenged and should look for a new line of work.
    Rig 1: Abit NF7-S 2500+ 2530@230
    Water Cooled System
    "Cather" LR White Water #87/Eheim 1250
    2x 256 corsair pc3500c2
    Softmodded 9500NP
    Rig 2:ASUS A7N8X XP2400+ 2387@217
    Gforce 3 250/560 12950 3dmarks

Originally posted by minir
    I hope your night was OK anyway.

Actually we had discussed going somewhere else. We decided against it because it was the karaokee and singing that was fun. Her attitude kinda killed our buzz and ruined our fun. It seemed like it was a chore for her to wait on us. She waited on everyone else no problem. I did see a few other people having to go to the bar to get their drinks as well. Maybe she was being a bitch to them as well. We considered asking for a different barmaid but, there was only one other one and she was busy (she had waited on me before and was quite pleasant). I guess we got back at her by tipping the bartender instead of her.

R.I.P. 2017-10-02 Joint Chiefs of Staff's Avatar
    [Soup Nazi] NO TIP FOR YOU! [/Soup Nazi]

Customer service is lacking so bad these days.

You did right Mike. And for your female acquaintance tipping the bartender right in front of the waitress.....give here a high five for me.
    >>Cult Master of International Affairs<<

Originally posted by Joint Chiefs Of Staff
    And for your female acquaintance tipping the bartender right in front of the waitress.....give here a high five for me. [/B]
    She did it on purpose too She was like " I should go over there and tip the bartender right in front of the waitress". Well, she knows the bartender so she would have tipped him anyway but, she did it in front of the waitress just to piss her off.

Never tip if they don't deserve it. They know that is how they make their $$$$ & attitudes don't do it!

Exactly. A "tip" is just that....if you get good service/attitude, by all means...but if they are being bitchy, don't bother. Why give her your money when she doesn't deserve it?

Leave a penny, to drive home the point that you didn't FORGET to tip, just you think they did not DESERVE a tip. I leave 20% minimum, and in some bars I get served faster because I tip well. One bar I give the head barmaid a 50 on Christmas eve every year, she's hot() and I get my guiness most of the time even before I pick a place to sit.
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.

no tip for you :P

I have this auto karma response system when i get poor service and uncared for I tend to lose hand eye coordination, get real sloppy with my ketchup and i scream OWEEE DAMN THats Hot! & spill my coffee. and sometimes when its real bad i sneeze with a mouthfull of food. then pay your bill with your bank card and intetionally puit in the wrong pin no# 5 or 6 times.

or just go back the next day and kick her in the box

I was going to post a link to that thread, but the SG search results for "bullsh|t" were too numerous

sometimes you have to think outside the box to get inside the box .