Thread: mov format

mov format

Viewing .mov format with Win media player...Can it be done??
    You know, without installing quicktime 5...
    "I can't believe it! Reading and writing actually paid off!"

QuickTime Content (.mov, .qt)
    QuickTime is a file format that was developed by Apple Computer to create, edit, publish, and view multimedia files. QuickTime supports video, animation, graphics, 3-D, and VR. Microsoft does support the MPEG format itself; however, .avi files that are encoded with this particular codec (MPEG4v3) are not supported in AVI format. Windows Media Player supports MPEG4v3 files in ASF streaming format only. Use Microsoft Windows Media Tools Windows Media Encoder to convert an .avi file to an .asf file. You can obtain Windows Media Tools at the following Microsoft Web site:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...en/default.asp

If you upgrade from a previous version of Windows Media Player, files that were created using the QuickTime version 2.0 and earlier file formats are supported in Windows Media Player 7. If you have not previously installed Windows Media Player, you cannot play QuickTime files in Windows Media Player 7.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Yep, i read all that, i was just wondering if i could view movs with WMP 6.4, you know, just install the codec and nothing else. I really hate quicktime, realplayer, and WMP 7.1.
    Thanks a bunch UOD
    "I can't believe it! Reading and writing actually paid off!"