Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alrighty, you guys got me mad now!

Angry Alrighty, you guys got me mad now!

And my new duallie's not set up yet either.

(I know, it's not that impressive but you should see our bigger guns)

Hummmm...not impressive? 3351 points for a week total? Hey, I'm impressed!

It's not the strength of the individual, but the strength of the team that matters most, and Speedguide happens to be the stronger team right now, sorry dude.
    Respect it.

Originally posted by agentbeast
    It's not the strength of the individual, but the strength of the team that matters most, and Speedguide happens to be the stronger team right now, sorry dude.

Couldn't of said it better myself. The response of everyone here at SG has been GREAT.

Maybe those frogs should have stayed in the "pond" and not jumped into the river, a lot of "speed" in the current.
    They told (us) to open up the Embassy, or "we'll blow you away." And then they looked up and saw the Marines on the roof with these really big guns, and they said in Somali, "Igaralli ahow," which means "Excuse me, I didn't mean it, my mistake".

Karen Aquilar, in the U.S. Embassy; Mogadishu, Somalia, 1991

Originally posted by LukeMan

Couldn't of said it better myself. The response of everyone here at SG has been GREAT.

Maybe those frogs should have stayed in the "pond" and not jumped into the river, a lot of "speed" in the current.
    You think? A couple weeks ago, you all were just floundering. We gave you purpose and direction. Now that you all are all charged up, we're gonna hate tromping over you.

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by goobee

You think? A couple weeks ago, you all were just floundering. We gave you purpose and direction. Now that you all are all charged up, we're gonna hate tromping over you.
    lol, no matter...you did help fire up the cause here...maybe you should be an honorary SG'er (wouldn't that just make you croak )
    ------
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

Floundering? Floundering? I think not.

Sure we put a push on cause you all came barging in here with your stomp talk. But I would hardly say you gave us "purpose and direction".

Think maybe your alligator talk overloaded you froggy behinds. Not to mention we play by the rules, we don't crunch for someone else just because they might be down and away.

My .02 cents
    They told (us) to open up the Embassy, or "we'll blow you away." And then they looked up and saw the Marines on the roof with these really big guns, and they said in Somali, "Igaralli ahow," which means "Excuse me, I didn't mean it, my mistake".

Originally posted by Indy

...maybe you should be an honorary SG'er (wouldn't that just make you croak )

Originally posted by LukeMan
    Floundering? Floundering? I think not.

Sure we put a push on cause you all came barging in here with your stomp talk. But I would hardly say you gave us "purpose and direction".

Think maybe your alligator talk overloaded you froggy behinds. Not to mention we play by the rules, we don't crunch for someone else just because they might be down and away.

My .02 cents
    Now, now, now, no need to get feisty here. We're all going for a common goal, aren't we? A little competition here and there is good for morale and spices up the game a bit.

My .02 cents worth. (Hmm, that means we have .04 cents now.)

All in fun goobie, no offence intended. At least I hope not.

btw - What ARE the rules?

Is liquid nitro cooling allowed ?

AMDMB Genoming Frog
    Originally posted by agentbeast
    really what makes you think speedguide is a stronger team right now??

you guys are going to be shocked one of these days....crunch on!!!!

Norm he rules are have fun...if we make this bloody we'll just win...but its more fun this way...dont you think??

Originally posted by hassan2121
    Norm he rules are have fun...if we make this bloody we'll just win...but its more fun this way...dont you think??
    I'm havin fun that's for sure, but then again, that's what I do

Hey guys, lets remember that we are all working for the same goals, that is to help out with the Genome project. Competition is fun, but it can be carried too far. This is supposed to be FUN, not a pissing contest. I am not trying to step on anyones toes here, just putting in my two cents.

edit: By the way goobie, you are really crankin' out those units. Maybe you should join the Speedguide team. Ya think we should have a poll.
    Too many computers can fry your brain.

Originally posted by emobley3
    Hey guys, lets remember that we are all working for the same goals, that is to help out with the Genome project. Competition is fun, but it can be carried too far. This is supposed to be FUN, not a pissing contest. I am not trying to step on anyones toes here, just putting in my two cents.

edit: By the way goobie, you are really crankin' out those units. Maybe you should join the Speedguide team. Ya think we should have a poll.
    Good one emobley3. We're all helping the Genome project. Competition is fun, but don't get too crazy about it.

Goobee belongs to AMDMB.... emobley3 you should join our force. The poll on our board got like 10 votes and all 10 voted for absolutely...

Calm Down Roger. If you look back here I was one of the first to advise against "questionable" installs of G@H. I still feel that way.

Yes, I do take exception of your "habit" of running units for someone else. Personal point of honor. Not all of use have unlimited resources.

Semper Fi Brother!

L.

originally poste by tawcan:
    Goobee belongs to AMDMB.... emobley3 you should join our force. The poll on our board got like 10 votes and all 10 voted for absolutely...
    As I posted on our forum tawcan, I am very happy here at Speedguide, but thanks for the offer, just don't expect me to jump ship. Us old retired military guys are stubborn and really hate changes and I'm not sure this old body could handle your barbarian ways. By the way, does goobie know that you own him? heheh
    Too many computers can fry your brain.

Hummm...interesting....

My viewpoint...If someone wants to crunch to keep the smaller members in the game, so be it. It's really all the same goal. In fact, I'd do the same, if the roles were reversed. What's the harm?

When all the numbers are in, we can find another game.

I have Altiris and 300+ machines in the building, and I am not afraid to use them. But they are for defense, not offense.

...and so the Frog rebellion was squashed

Originally posted by emobley3
    originally poste by tawcan:

As I posted on our forum tawcan, I am very happy here at Speedguide, but thanks for the offer, just don't expect me to jump ship. Us old retired military guys are stubborn and really hate changes and I'm not sure this old body could handle your barbarian ways. By the way, does goobie know that you own him? heheh
    All your bases are belong to us?

Goobee, those numbers are quite impressive. Looking at yours and Rogers stats you guys must have a lot of systems crunching. Just out of curiousity how many of those systems do you own and run them from your house?

Now about using systems that you don't own. I'm sure some of this bashing has something to do with me. I do use 6 systems at work, I do have permission from management to use them. The systems that I use only crunch 2 to 3 days a week. I do have three systems at home crunching as well. Let me explain a few things.

The economy being bad has caused our power company to triple there rates in the last few months. Now living in the third hotest place in the country means that the a/c must cranked up and almost allways on. Being the cheap bastard that I am I refuse to pay those outragous bills. Hence my home systems and a/c are turned off during the day in attempt to lower that bill. I have only alocated enough crunching power from those other systems to take up the slack from my home systems downtime.

Jeeze what are we up to now 0.10 cents