Thread: Could this be causing poor performance?

Could this be causing poor performance?

P4 1.7
    xp home
    512 sd ram

Im just curious, i get 5555 on sdmarkse1. And I get poor performance in games.. Thanks for any input.

you asking wether or not your irq s are causeing poor performance?
    XP 1600+ @1606 Mhz, GIGABYTE Mobo WD 60GB 8MBc, 512 MB pc 2100 DDR, GF 2 Ultra, Win XP Pro, CDRWx40

War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things: The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings, which thinks nothing (is) worth a war, is worse.

-John Stuart Mill “The Contest in America”

Yes, Yes I am.

they look find

your vid card has it's own irq so that's not a problem...

I...... AM.......... CANADIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Your problem is crappy SDRam and maybe WinXP Home. Do you even have your ram set at CAS2?

I have a friend with a P4 1.6A OC to 2Ghz on a crappy SDRam board, getting around 7K in 3DMark2k1 with his GF4 Ti4600 he got from a contest.... other ppl with 2Ghz P4s and DDR get close to 11K... Considering that you're running a GF3 Ti200 and not overclocking, i'd say that your score is fine...
    Abit KR7A-Raid
    Palomino 1.4Ghz @ 1.57Ghz @ default voltage /w DTek Spir@l block 512MB Crucial DDR @ 300Mhz CAS222 ATi OEM Radeon8500 @ 295/275 vmem=3.5v, would of gotten GF3 if they had better filters..... 3Com 905 TX SoundBlaster Live OEM 120gig Western Digital Special Edition (8MB Cache) 20gig Fujitsu 5400rpm (gonna get another WD1200JB for Raid0 soon) LiteOn 24x burner Enermax 350watt PSU (voltage modded) Dell P1110 21" Sony FD Trinitron tube @ 1792x1344 85Hz

I'm not worrried about my score. Im just wondering why I get poor performance in games, thats all.

Originally posted by Mutch
    I'm not worrried about my score. Im just wondering why I get poor performance in games, thats all.

again it's your memory type.. most games are designed to run from main memory, and the p4 is hog for memory bandwidth..it needs it for max performance..get a new mobo and ram.

That is completely out of the question. This computer is less than 2 months old. And Im not gunna spend 500$ on a new MOBO and ram..

Originally posted by TigerUpperCut
    Your problem is crappy SDRam and maybe WinXP Home. Do you even have your ram set at CAS2?

I have a friend with a P4 1.6A OC to 2Ghz on a crappy SDRam board, getting around 7K in 3DMark2k1 with his GF4 Ti4600 he got from a contest.... other ppl with 2Ghz P4s and DDR get close to 11K... Considering that you're running a GF3 Ti200 and not overclocking, i'd say that your score is fine...
    How do set the ram at Cas-2

Duzmor
    (The Protection of all with the Wadget Eye)
    (Never Trust Intel To Do AMD'S Job)

I...... AM.......... CANADIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Should of done the research before you bought it then..... especially if you're into gamming
    Abit KR7A-Raid
    Palomino 1.4Ghz @ 1.57Ghz @ default voltage /w DTek Spir@l block 512MB Crucial DDR @ 300Mhz CAS222 ATi OEM Radeon8500 @ 295/275 vmem=3.5v, would of gotten GF3 if they had better filters..... 3Com 905 TX SoundBlaster Live OEM 120gig Western Digital Special Edition (8MB Cache) 20gig Fujitsu 5400rpm (gonna get another WD1200JB for Raid0 soon) LiteOn 24x burner Enermax 350watt PSU (voltage modded) Dell P1110 21" Sony FD Trinitron tube @ 1792x1344 85Hz

Ya its a sad thing how fast a pc is outdated but yea u todaly need ddr ram for max perform. (MAX)

but still man that should do ok

look what i am runing and i game fine

so what do u mean by bad perform. frezzing lockingup bluscreen or just lagen?

and if your talken about on line gaming

your on broadband right?

and FYI good MOBO 300 hehe

should of got ddr with that pc man bad buy but i use sdram for now and its ok should get ya by

i dont know if u tweeked your xp if not do so alot of help out on the web. i mean tweek as in turning things off u dont need and ect Not O/C

www.tweakxp.com

to start ya off

updating ever thing helps and defragen and turning off all background apps

just relooked you have G3 not 4 id say your scores not bad

Me Geforce 4 Ti4600 only bench 7143
    cuz of sdram and pen3

but games still work and run fine and look out standing i play most at full detail
    Cancer Baaaaaad! Folding Goooood!

hes saying poor performance for CS

O ic

My CS hates xp big time
    Cancer Baaaaaad! Folding Goooood!

And medal of honour and wolfenstein now...

They just suck I set the details to all low and my fps goes from like 100 to 30 for moh.

And for wolfenstein i go from 150 fps down to like 40.

New mobo and RAM shoud not be that much if you are really serious about improving your performance. Crucial has that deal going on now that you could take advantage of.
    XP 1600+ @1606 Mhz, GIGABYTE Mobo WD 60GB 8MBc, 512 MB pc 2100 DDR, GF 2 Ultra, Win XP Pro, CDRWx40

War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things: The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings, which thinks nothing (is) worth a war, is worse.

-John Stuart Mill “The Contest in America”

Links are imparitive here people

Im computer dumb, remember that when you adress me.

Advanced Member
    Correct me if I am wrong, but is your Video card PCI? According to your IRQ listing it is.....maybe you should look into a AGP Video card to make use of your system memory while playing, then you would notice a WORLD of difference, especially with 512 MB of ram. You would have a good gaming machine then.
    Fee was a buddhist prodigy...
    Long past the age of maturity...
    Someday he knew it would set him free...
    Like it did for Floyd...
    The Chimpanzee...

Venge This!
    Originally posted by Amro

again it's your memory type.. most games are designed to run from main memory, and the p4 is hog for memory bandwidth..it needs it for max performance..get a new mobo and ram.
    i built a P4 1.6 ghz w/ a FIC VC11 256 mb sdram. the thing was a beast on games. u just have to d/l mobo drivers and get latest Video card drivers. etc make sure ur running a maximum of 3 icons on ur taskbar or ur performance will decrease dramatically.
    Rob