Thread: alcatel adsl tweak, some body have this modem with tweak working or hack

tommycoins50

alcatel adsl tweak, some body have this modem with tweak working or hack

hi folks, i live in mexico and i have adsl modem(alcate speed touch with nic card) my service its 256 dw/128 up-pppoe,
    im try for two weaks to get the best tweak and nothing, i change 3 ethernet card and nothing,with my another exhome the tweak its work but isp cablemodem up to 2500 kbits dw,
    but with the adsl the tweak do not afect my speed to get a better performance, my speed with and without tweak(rwin,mtu etc)its about 30 kbytes(256kbits)
    i dont know if this its my definity cap its 30 kbytes, this its possible or i need to change my mtu and rwin, i run win98,xp and linux multiboot
    int 98 the test analizer apareace mtu 1492 , in xp the test apareace 1480, how i can to change this value under winxp.or my another questions its if i need to make a twaek for the nic card under xp

TCP options string = 020405ac0103030301010402

MTU = 1492
    MTU seems to be optimized for PPPoE... If you are not on a PPPoE connection, consider increasing your MTU to 1500 for optimal throughput.

MSS = 1452
    Maximum useful data in each packet = 1452, which is equal to MSS.
    MSS is optimized for PPPoE. If you are not on a PPPoE connection, consider increasing your MTU value.

Default Receive Window (RWIN) = 511104
    RWIN Scaling (RFC1323) = 3 bits
    Unscaled Receive Window = 63888
    RWIN is a multiple of MSS
    Other values for RWIN that might work well with your current MTU/MSS:
    255552 (MSS x 44 * scale factor of 4)
    127776 (MSS x 44 * scale factor of 2)
    63888 (MSS x 44)

bandwidth * delay product:
    Your RcvWindow limits you to: 20444.16 kbps (2555.52 KBytes/s) @ 200ms
    Your RcvWindow limits you to: 8177.664 kbps (1022.208 KBytes/s) @ 500ms

MTU Discovery (RFC1191) = ON

Time to live left = 21 hops
    TTL value is ok.

Timestamps (RFC1323) = OFF

Selective Acknowledgements (RFC2018) = ON

IP type of service field (RFC1349)= 00000000

if its somebody have a adsl modem(alcatel speed home with nic card)working with tweak please report to me or in this forum,

and ii have the last questions about this alcatel modem and the diferent betweet a pro version, its possible to hack this modem

check this page http://www.bruring.com/nuke/

Panama City, FL and a FAN of Dale Earnhardt Jr. Bud Chevy & NASCAR , and the Atlanta Braves
    MTU in 98/SE=1492
    MTU in Win XP = 1480

MTU 1492, Win 98, Duplex mode for NIC 10 Full Duplex

Select connection type at top, select adapter, select custom settings, enter 1 at a time 31944 or 63888, uncheck scaling under Tcp1323Opts, apply changes and REBOOT each time you change number in Optimizer if number Optimizer puts in does not work for you. In Win XP try 31680, 63360

Speed test here, test will open another browser, close one
    directions on how to do speed test in help thread in signature: Select site nearest you:

If from overseas try nearest site from here: http://www.testmyspeed.com/internationalspeedtests.htm

Directions on what to do prior to speed test on help thread below, turn off all running programs.

PPPoE connections do not use big RWIN's

In control panel, click on Network connections:

Click the tab Advanced to bring it to the front:
    In the Property box, the property name to be selected varies according to model of ethernet card. Examples are: Network Link Selection, Media Type, Connection Type, Duplex Mode, or any similarly-named property which can have Values looking like Auto-Negotiation.
    In the Value box, select a value which either (a) explicitly says full-duplex or (b) at least does not say half-duplex. If there is a choice between 10 and 100 with full-duplex, choose the 10. Do not choose 10Base5, 10Base2, or AUI.
    Click OK to exit the Adapter settings.
    Click OK to exit the Connection properties.
    Close the Network and Dial-up Connections window

See #12 in help thread in signature, DSL Guide
    Last edited by Lobo; 05-07-02 at 06:27 PM.