Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ask a question... any question!

Cool Ask a question... any question!

About 8 or 10 months ago, someone started a thread called “Ask any question you want... attack free”. When that thread came out, I had the opportunity to ask several dumb questions such as “how do you post a picture” and “how you can quote someone else’s post.” (I didn’t know about the little button that says “quote”). That really helped a n00b like me.

Might be time to do that again. Ask a question. No question to small or silly. Negative posters, thread crappers or flamers are fair game.

Anyone have a question? (I’m too dumb to know the answer... but someone else here will)
    People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.

I know how to delete my internet cache by going into the tools//internet options/delete temp files but is there a way to completely whack them other than this?

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

do you do it with goats
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilog B
    Loading the dishwasher at brembo's house means bringing the fiancee a sixpack home.

Originally posted by nightowl
    do you do it with goats
    Yes... but much like any romantic situation, overall looks, conversation, physical attraction and mannerisms play a key factor in setting the stage for love making. I think any goat will do in a pinch, but real lasting relationships require more than just physical gratification.
    People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Originally posted by UOD
    I know how to delete my internet cache by going into the tools//internet options/delete temp files but is there a way to completely whack them other than this?
    go to the folder themselves and select all files and hit delete

that's what i do, to make sure everything is gone

i go to my documents and settings folder and look under my login folder and delete all temp folders and caches, and then go under the root windows folder and do the same etc..

or sometimes i open up search (F3) and just type in *.tmp so it finds all temp files and i delete em that way, can also do other things like *.bak *.old *.anything else you want to search for

Blog Entries
    MadDoctor - It seems to me that you have this almost obsessive behaviour when it comes to sheep. Are you or any of your ancestors from New Zealand?

------
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

Originally posted by Indy
    MadDoctor - It seems to me that you have this almost obsessive behaviour when it comes to sheep. Are you or any of your ancestors from New Zealand?

I’m German/Scottish. Although it appears I have an obsessive attraction to sheep, I think it important to point out I’m attracted to animals with hooves and/or paws. The only thing “not” on the bedroom menu are creatures with feathers.

How close of a resemblance is there between you and your avatar?

Tucson, Arizona Processor: GenuineIntel Member #4896

Re: Ask a question... any question!

Originally posted by MadDoctor
    About 8 or 10 months ago, someone started a thread called “Ask any question you want... attack free”. When that thread came out, I had the opportunity to ask several dumb questions such as “how do you post a picture” and “how you can quote someone else’s post.” (I didn’t know about the little button that says “quote”). That really helped a n00b like me.

Might be time to do that again. Ask a question. No question to small or silly. Negative posters, thread crappers or flamers are fair game.

Anyone have a question? (I’m too dumb to know the answer... but someone else here will)
    Who are you, do you really f*** animals, why's your status secret agent, are you mad, do you have a doctorate?
    If your browser can't read unicode, you should probably switch!

Blog Entries
    I’m German/Scottish. Although it appears I have an obsessive attraction to sheep, I think it important to point out I’m attracted to animals with hooves and/or paws. The only thing “not” on the bedroom menu are creatures with feathers.
    Ok, gotcha...my bad
    ------
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

Originally posted by Noevo
    How close of a resemblance is there between you and your avatar?
    My wife says my AV resembles me both physically and personality. I think that’s a complement but you can never tell with that woman. I have a well defined mustache... and my AV does not.

Re: Re: Ask a question... any question!

Originally posted by Qwijib0
    Who are you, do you really f*** animals, why's your status secret agent, are you mad, do you have a doctorate?
    I work for the federal government as a supervisor. I would prefer that the federal agency I work for remain unknown. I’m sure the mods here at SG know who I work for as they can to a trace route on my IP to my agency.

I do not **** animals. I make love to animals. I do not have a doctorate. After leaving the Marines in 1972, I was recruited into the government (paid education) and have worked for several agencies since then.

I'm sure some think I'm "mad".

Blog Entries
    MD, since you work in the government, just wondering if you've heard of Tacamo...no need to go into details, just curious if you've heard of it...
    ------

Originally posted by Indy
    MD, since you work in the government, just wondering if you've heard of Tacamo...no need to go into details, just curious if you've heard of it...
    Navy VQ 3 & VQ 4? Heard of it but that's about it.

Blog Entries
    Navy VQ 3 & VQ 4? Heard of it but that's about it.
    <--VQ4

Ok, just curious
    ------

Any technical questions for the smart people here at SG???

Come on lurkers. One of you must have a technical question.

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana

Question

...how many licks does it take to get to the center off a Charm's Blow Pop?....
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

Blog Entries
    Actually, I do have a technical question (may be better suited for the hardware forum, but to foster this thread along )...

I'm thinking of upgrading the power supply on my computer...right now it's an ATX generic brand 300 w p/s...what would be the optimal power supply to have for an XP1600 or better AMD system? (brand/wattage)
    ------

Originally posted by RoundEye
    To date, we at Tootsie Roll have answered more than 25,000 letters, each with a response unique to the author. The real answer may never be known...

Originally posted by RoundEye
    That was a tootsie roll pop. The Charm's blow pops just had those corny commercials.

"Sour apple."
    *bong*
    "Watermellon!"