Lazlow

RamDisk Setup Help

I have Windows XP H.E i need to know how to !!EXACTLY!! set it up

Lazlow
    bump

larryf5

Try Ramdisk XP

VISIT HERE http://www.superspeed.com/ramdiskxppro.html

There is a free 30-day trial under download section.

I use Ramdisk XP pro, my only complaint is that it doesn't auto-backup the ram contents to disk on shutdown. So before you shutdown you MUST copy it all otherwise cookies, cache etc. gone!

IF anyone knows of a batch setting to auto-backup on shutdown please let me know.

I'm unsure what other registry tweaks are available for XP ramdisks but I just set my Internet Temp folder to the Ramdisk. (under Internet options).

Larry

you might look at this one. It does have an autosave/copy option. As I remember it has a limit of @ 100M. depends on your setup, on mine it got to 96 or 100. Last I heard they were working to resolve that.

.ARsoft Ramdisk

It worked okay but I went with the M$ ramdisk, it does work it XP. Not using either now with my new box, but using the old box to run a server and Genome.

If you go here it walks you step by step on the M$ one:

RamDisk Guide

However in XP it doesn't like being added in the MMC, and gives you a couple error messages on boot, but as I was 24x7 and hardly rebooted wasn't a big thing.

Just haven't got around to adding it to new box, waiting till I pump the ram up to 512 or more (pc2700 ain't cheap like the 133 was)

L.
    They told (us) to open up the Embassy, or "we'll blow you away." And then they looked up and saw the Marines on the roof with these really big guns, and they said in Somali, "Igaralli ahow," which means "Excuse me, I didn't mean it, my mistake".

Karen Aquilar, in the U.S. Embassy; Mogadishu, Somalia, 1991