Thread: Hmmm guilty or not guilty?

Counter-Strike Addict AoDLiQuiD-M3tH's Avatar

Hmmm guilty or not guilty?

Well i got pulled over for passing a lawn truck today on a back road he kept pulling over and slowing down to like 5 mph then taking off like he was looking for an address, well i was already late for work and this wasnt helping plus the lights on the trailer didnt work.. well after the 10th time of this i pulled around him and went well a cop a quarter of a mile down the road got me on radar beacuse its a half-mile straight away. Well anyways ticket is for 278.00 not too much speeding 58mph in a 25mph zone and passing in a no passing even though he was pulling over the cop said he never signaled to pull over, welll no kidding the lights didnt work brake or other wise, well you know you cant argue with them just with court... so should i just pay or go to court?

wont bother me either way..just thought id ask
    -[AoD]-LiQuiD>M3tH-[SA]-
    -[AoD]-Clan General

www.Counter-Strike.net

if I got that right, you were driving at more than twice the posted speed limit, so whether or not you were passing in a now passing zone seems like a moot point.

however, some claim you should always go to court, because if the cop doens't show up then the ticket will get thrown out. I'm not sure if that is true or not.

$278 is "not too much" for a speeding ticket??

LOL, 58 in a 25 zone? I agree that seems a "bit" excessive, especially once you take into account the "no passing" zone.

Sounds like you got caught in a set of bad circumstances. If a judge believes your explanation about the truck pulling over then re-entering traffic repeatedly you might get off with a reduced fine. Depends on if you have enough time to deal with it IMO.

Good luck.

This is a good reason to have a lawyer on retainer, or have an established relation with one...
    If you do, give him a call and ask...

yeah time is not a problem at all just the hassle of going to court...plus 58 seems alittle impossible for the accle rate of my car in one truck length from 5-58mph so who knows. i really didnt belive himl on that one, but they dont have to show you the radar gun if they dont want belive it or not you dont have the rights to see the radar guns reading.
    -[AoD]-LiQuiD>M3tH-[SA]-
    -[AoD]-Clan General

www.Counter-Strike.net

Originally posted by Ken
    This is a good reason to have a lawyer on retainer, or have an established relation with one...
    If you do, give him a call and ask...
    I fight all my tickets myself and most of the time get off, but i just hate waiting for an answer.
    -[AoD]-LiQuiD>M3tH-[SA]-
    -[AoD]-Clan General

www.Counter-Strike.net