Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Places to NOT buy from!

Exclamation Places to NOT buy from!

I would NOT recommend these ba$tards:
    http://store.yahoo.com/buycaseonline/ <--- misleading & product switching, cheap stuff! (Dump Computers.com) They = Teh SuXors!

I ordered 3 each model# MF2100 Lian-Li Professional HDD Coolers, at $39.00 each totaling $117.00 and 2 each Silver Sony Floppy drives at $16.50, The grand total with shipping was $162.43, one night.

They charged my card immediately. The next morning, I clicked on the link to review what I had purchased the night before. The link to the coolers was a dead link... (I had clicked on this bookmarked link several times before I purchased.)
    I could not find the model that I had ordered the night before, anywhere on their site.

I became suspicious and told Philip that either we ordered the last they had or they didn't have any.
    Well, sure enough, half priced substitute HDD Coolers arrived a week or so later...

http://store.yahoo.com/buycaseonline/alhardrivcoo.html
    They sent me 3 of these (only rated for up to 10,000 RPM hard drives) which cost $15.99 each.

(I have 2 Seagate Cheetahs 15,000 RPMs each and had ordered this model which is special for 15K HD's)
    http://www.viewline.be/lianli/Coolinghd.htm

A big difference in quality and price. They never said a word. Of course "their" product model number now points to the cheaper model, and they do not have the Pro model on their site anymore...
    I had researched this enough times to know which cooler I needed and ordered and would not have paid $39 each for $16 each, insufficient coolers...

Not to mention their "Silver Floppy Disk Drive" is just a bad paint job...

DumpComputers.com SUCKS!! Be very careful ordering through StoreYahoo, they could careless what happens as long as they get their cut...

LOL!!!!11ONEEXCLAMATIONT! master7's Avatar
    http://www.buyaib.com/

I ordered 512mb DDR RAM from them. It never showed.
    i'm going to become rich and famous after i invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet

Inflow Direct.. another Yahooooooooooe store.

Their policies for RMA / return suck. If you open the package, you can't RMA it. If something is DOA and you try to install it to see if it's DOA, they aren't going to take it back.

I ordered a Swiftech MCXC370 with a Delta fan...

The thing came in a box, wrapped in plastic bubble stuff only. The bottom of the heatsink looked like was keyed, had to lap it, no big deal. I could of returned it then and there, but I was going to lap it anyhow.
    The only documentation was the invoice, which they had a few spelling airs.

I tried to install it.. didn't fit on the motherboard. Ok, I play around with the board and MAKE it fit on there. Nearly cracked the core and broke the mobo.

It ran like junk, 56C at full load and still was rising. I reinstalled it a FEW times and still kept getting crap results. My Thermaltake Volcano 5 kept it at 39C at full load! I got an RMA for it... I sent it last week.. Pittsburgh to New Jersey. No e-mail, no call, nothing.

The only thing good was they shipped it the same day UPS ground and I got it 2 days later. Still waiting on my exchange for a Thermalright SK-6 since they WON'T give me my money back...

They're ok, as long as you know the dang thing is going to work and you can redo the finish!

LOL!!!!11ONEEXCLAMATIONT! master7's Avatar
    www.accubyte.com

I ordered an Athlon 2100+, they sent me a 1500+. ARGG!!!
    i'm going to become rich and famous after i invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet

Tucson, Arizona Processor: GenuineIntel Member #4896
    Originally posted by master7
    www.accubyte.com

I ordered an Athlon 2100+, they sent me a 1500+. ARGG!!!
    I've bought numerous things from them with no problems....
    If your browser can't read unicode, you should probably switch!

Originally posted by master7
    http://www.buyaib.com/

I ordered 512mb DDR RAM from them. It never showed.
    I bought an OEM Radoen 8500 from them for 159.00 ( a few months ago). Even though for the time it was still a good deal, what i got was the LELE version. That wouldn't matter so much if it said it was the LELE version, but it didnt.

THey shipped it immediatley, and were nice on the phone, but i still felt decieved.

J

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Abbey
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.

bought 512 micron pc133 form them it took a 3 1/2 weeks to get here and them it was the wrong one didnt even work sent back it took them 3 week to give money back
    this company sucks www.(dont)buyaib.com

Whew! Thanks!

Cruising the 'net and looking for exactly the product Ken wanted.

Made it to the dumpcomputer.com order processing form when I thought I'd better check out some boards and ask some questions (see below.)

Thank goodness I stopped by SpeedGuide first!

Ken, did you ever find the Lian Li HDD coolers at a price lower than $35 at PCMods? (I emailed newegg and asked them to stock them!)

Also, I've upgraded an older box (for the kids) with a PIII 600MHz 512kb 2.02v (Katmai) processor which runs quite a bit warmer. I've got 1 power supply exhaust and one case exhaust (nothing special with either) and, of course the PIII slot-1 fan.

If I start pushing air past my SCSI drives with two of the Lian Li cooler bays do I need to add more 'exhaust' or 'intake' into the mix?

May sound dumb but I don't want to start cutting holes in the case unless I really need to do it.

Also, do I need to open up the PIII and insert Arctic Silver or something?

Any advice appreciated. Thanks Again!
    Last edited by reader; 06-06-02 at 07:39 PM.
    reader

www.kommax.com

ordered px2700 2x256MB, i get PC133 SODIMM (laptop memory) and they make ME pay the shipping back.

Amro

Originally posted by Amro
    www.kommax.com

ordered px2700 2x256MB, i get PC133 SODIMM (laptop memory) and they make ME pay the shipping back.

Amro
    you had to return it?

all companies make you pay the shipping back... no matter what. even newegg
    Originally posted by UnitedWeStand Don't go walking up to her and say "I just had a vasectomy wanna celebrate?
    Originally posted by EvilAngel Actually Kitten just got the sonagram done and the doc thought it was twins at first, but soon realized that it was the boys pen1s laying next to him....lol
    Said by XSeanX on AIM I wish girls were a lot easier
    Originally posted by Needlefreak May the fleas of a thousand taliban camels feast happily on your lower region..
    Originally posted by Jim Heart attack on a bun?

Originally posted by TEH WIN

you had to return it?

all companies make you pay the shipping back... no matter what. even newegg
    sure, if it's YOUR mistake, but it was THEIR mistake, they sent the wrong product, not ME clicking the wrong product. it even showed the correct product on the invoice.

pentarc memory... thats where i got 512 pc2100 from and it doesnt work on my damn mobo.. i did some checking... just go with crucial stay away from pricewatch
    http://janus.weareafk.com/Image%20Ho...ures/sig_1.gif

Epox 8RDA+|2500+ Barton|1gb Corsair XMS (PC3200)|Total HD Space: 420 Gig|OS: Windows XP Corp|AGP: Radeon 9800 pro 128mb|LiteOn CDRW(48x);DVD(8x)|Klipsh Pro-Media 4.1 Speakers

www.resellerratings.com/

this place is great look up the company for feed back on how the
    do business
    www.resellerratings.com
    http://members.aol.com/smoke47756/rt17.jpg

pentuim III 1.2 Tulatin
    asus tusl2-c mobo
    512 megs of ram
    100 gig Western Digital HD
    Sound Blaster Live Value
    Win 98 SE

snow_cat
    ComputAbility (ended business and personal relation some time 2000)
    After ten years of reliable and effective sevice; after suppling me dozens of the finest computers ever - many still running today.

Ordered/Got

Athlon 1.4Ghz OEM + RAM/Athlon 1.2 Ghz oc with a stupid pencil.

'Specail heatsink'/ Power Cooler (blades fell off no reason after three months 24/7)

Creative! Pro Studio 256! (editing control card)/ Soundblaster! Value! - not one digital connection on the whole card.

Asus A7A/Asus A7A

Standard keyboard and mouse/Standard keyboard and mouse

no monitor/Free 14" Viewsonic monitor.
    ____

I liked the monitors very-very much but when multiplyed by four systems I should have insisted on an itemised invoice on that last order; but after ten abosulutely unbeatable years they had my automatic trust.
    _____

I now buy from Wintronics (www.wintronics.com). They even have upgraded one of my orders instead of not filling it when they ran out of the specified HDs. Cheaper too.
    Last small order: 100x(700mb 20x) CDRs $30.

Do not order from http://www.svcompucycle.com 2 weeks and still no PSU, their ratings have been dropping lately. I live about a 1 hour from them and should raise some hell soon.

Home of the SEC and Sugar Bowl Champions!
    Originally posted by Qwijib0
    I've bought numerous things from them with no problems....
    me 2 ive always liked accubyte

thier rating will continue to drop as they deal in poor buisness practices.

All they really need is a better PR machine to help solve thier issues.

Hey Qwijib0 is that picture from Star Wars or Space Ballz? An off topic question but I am curious.

Certified SG Addict
    Originally posted by ScrewU2
    Hey Qwijib0 is that picture from Star Wars or Space Ballz? An off topic question but I am curious.
    It's from Star Wars Epsiode II...Spaceballs...heheheheh

Certified SG Addict
    And I hate U2, too.