Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How Long Do you see yourself posting on Speedguide?

Originally posted by Prey521
    I may not have been around for a while, but I'll always be an SG'r-4-Life!!! :2cool:
    Prey...please aplogize to the family for me...I used a little too much duct tape when binding them up. I was using all means necessary to ascertain your location...please forgive me......

Nice to see you again man......

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Old Thread Alert!!!!!!

Interesting that most of the people that said they would come forever, haven't been here in a long time!

Some have passed away-RIP: poptom, JCOS, Roundeye. (minir, blebs and tinker have gone, but didn't post in it) Any other members that passed that have temporarily slipped my failing mind?

Some I really miss like 64-bit, Grimson, Jim aka Big Jim Slade, chevyman282, Brent, Noevo, Gaming Module, Silver, terrancelam, master7... Anyone know the whereabouts of any of these guys? (I know Brent is at [H])

Some still pop in on occasion- Cisco, BMED, Paft, Qwijib0, JawZ, Norm, Prey521 (prolly hangin' in a poetry group, dreaming of his MIL), Indy, Bala, Brembo. They need to stop by more often!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I saw this thread and it reminded of many members.

16+ years ago was a great time around these forums. There were one hell of a lot of laughs as I remember. I remember all those names and lots more, not so much the faces, but the personalities. I remember the extraordinary array of talent so generously shared between members and anyone else looking for answers to not only connection and computer related topics, but almost any topic imaginable. There was honest intelligent communication, as well as a community spirit high on humor.

I have noticed when I have dropped by in recent years that the forums have years old posts on the first page and it saddens me. Pages never lasted a week back when this was posted, and Gen forum was lucky to have the same page the next day.

Times have changed.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, we've had some fun times, so many personalities and friendships.. The social aspect of the Internet has expanded so much since then, we can't compete with Reddit, Facebook etc. but we don't want to, we are here around some common topics like better understanding and improving PCs/networks, network security, wireless, etc., all those are still very relevant.

Remember the day the weirdo's started showing up?

I was several posters before I was MadDoctor. A fight broke out between Norm and Lobo so I signed on as a new user called NormsDoctor. After the dispute was settled, Norm PMd me and asked that I change my name to something other than NormsDoctor [understandable]. Not knowing what to do I picked MadDoctor which brought David (a real doctor) into the mix. He asked if I was a real doctor (I was once with the girl next door when I was 10 she called herself mouse at that time) and I said I was MAD but not a doctor. I agreed not to prescribe Methadone over the Internet and he agreed not to rip my heart out through my kneecap..
    And this guy thought it was ME who needed a doctor.........Thank G-D David showed up to help him. All these years have passed and still no progress to report though. sad.

Taken from an old thread https://www.speedguide.net/forums/sh...our-user-names

I remember asking Lobo if his name was short for Lobotomy LOL -
    Thanks for stepping in Doc, things were going sideways quick.

Blog Entries
    Lobotomy, lol
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    Yeah, we've had some fun times, so many personalities and friendships.. The social aspect of the Internet has expanded so much since then, we can't compete with Reddit, Facebook etc. but we don't want to, we are here around some common topics like better understanding and improving PCs/networks, network security, wireless, etc., all those are still very relevant.
    We should do some meetups in 2020 (work has me all over the country this year, couldn't commit to anything) Wouldn't mind seeing cat, yard, left and meg again.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Yeah of all forums....this one here...I'm met so many of you in real life, thanks to the community of this forum. Have met over a dozen here...possibly close to 20.
    I can't say that about any other forum. Other forums...I've met ..hmmm..I don't even think I can say 2 people total out of all other forums I participate in.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    I'm met so many of you in real life
    You mean all these posts are from "real" people?

Quote Originally Posted by Easto View Post
    At least that is what the bots want you to think.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Easto View Post
    Define "real" people...

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Define "real" people...
    Sheep. Sheep are real people.

I'll leave when my post count hits 100. Promise.

Kiss my fuzzy butt Ken.
    People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.

I would like to meet some SG peeps one day. I've never been to the east coast. I just bought a brand new truck and camper so hopefully see the Atlantic this summer. Maybe. Swing by YOSC place as he seems to be the ultimate SG host
    Phillip, Ken & my nemesis brembo. Damn we had some good laughs
    I would like to meet Downhill too maybe listen to a few tunes on his wicked stereo have a beer etc.

I was going to post a link to that thread, but the SG search results for "bullsh|t" were too numerous

sometimes you have to think outside the box to get inside the box .

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    I would like to meet some SG peeps one day. I've never been to the east coast. I just bought a brand new truck and camper so hopefully see the Atlantic this summer. Maybe. Swing by YOSC place as he seems to be the ultimate SG host
    Phillip, Ken & my nemesis brembo. Damn we had some good laughs
    I would like to meet Downhill too maybe listen to a few tunes on his wicked stereo have a beer etc.
    If you like blues you can join me several nights a week but anymore it's wine or whiskey. lol
    The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, and prejudices to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own for the children and the children yet unborn and the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    I would like to meet some SG peeps one day.
    So.... I'm just another 'walk of shame'????????
    People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    Yeah of all forums....this one here...I'm met so many of you in real life, thanks to the community of this forum. Have met over a dozen here...possibly close to 20.
    I can't say that about any other forum. Other forums...I've met ..hmmm..I don't even think I can say 2 people total out of all other forums I participate in.
    Yeah, or meets at your old place were epic. I can't believe the wifey gave me a kitchen pass. The first one was the best. Wow, the amount of food and drink we went through was awesome. Thanks New Hampshire Liquor Stores on the highway for having such good deals.

Oh the crab cake you taught me how to make. *Licks lips*

Blog Entries
    Now you're making me hungry, lol

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    Oh the crab cake you taught me how to make. *Licks lips*
    I haven't made that in a while....I think I'll do it up this weekend for the wifey.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Thanks for stepping in Doc, things were going sideways quick.
    Anytime.