Thread: G@H Tools

G@H Tools

For all the new G@H teams members here is a list of handy tools to help you out.....

First off:

This will set up g@h as a service so its runs in background all the time:

http://www.firedaemon.com

a great how-to for the above:

http://www.hardfolding.com/genome_gd2.htm

This is a 'Crash Monitor" that will restart a crashed work unit or chuck it and get a new one.....also can set this up as a service:

http://www.hughesclan.com/downloads/GenomeMon.exe

Running it without connecting is known as "-nonet". It will reprocess the same WU over and over until you upload it.

CPU runs hot? I run it 24/7/365 with no real impact. WINXP Pro on P3 800. I run it as a service and sometimes actually have 2 clients running, one in background, one in the ramdrive. But then, I don't have one of those super hot super fast whoppe do rigs like some of the big boys.

Update:
    Actually I do now, new XP2100 and it just crushes WU's. Actually went AMD based on the fact it runs G@H much fast and more bang for the buck.

Hope this helps you out and THANKS for joining!
    They told (us) to open up the Embassy, or "we'll blow you away." And then they looked up and saw the Marines on the roof with these really big guns, and they said in Somali, "Igaralli ahow," which means "Excuse me, I didn't mean it, my mistake".

Karen Aquilar, in the U.S. Embassy; Mogadishu, Somalia, 1991

Will Work For FSB

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by m0a2t4t
    genome spy
    http://www.franken.de/users/v8/GS/index_eng.htm
    I like this one as it lets me monitor the progress on all the machines on my network thru one interface...
    ------
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

is there anything similar to genomespy

my Genomespy keeps crashing it would be really usefull to check my boxen...

especially the one without a monitor...

Crashing? Never had any problem with it myself. However, this link over to AMDMB seems to have some promise. I have heard of this monitor program but never messed with it,

WINKDFOLD

Yeah that's right ......rip it straight from the frogs site. All's fair in love and war.
    They told (us) to open up the Embassy, or "we'll blow you away." And then they looked up and saw the Marines on the roof with these really big guns, and they said in Somali, "Igaralli ahow," which means "Excuse me, I didn't mean it, my mistake".

seems like a pretty cool prog..

has HTML stats as well...

working good so far....
    it's a keeper..

it works for F@H2 G@H and Distributed Folding (still haven't figured out what that is...)

Cool. Glad it works for ya!

Looked way complex for this poor boy. I'll stick w/GSpy