Thread: Music Extraction Question

Music Extraction Question

Alright, heres the situation. A friend of mine is getting married in June and is supplying a lot of music to be played at the reception. She has given me about 20 CD's and I need to compile them into 3 CD's of her specified playlist. Problem. I have gotten so used to working with mp3's that I am not up on what is out there as far a extracting audio and keeping it .wav so I can make playable CD's for her. What's the best method? Just extract using EAC (exact audio copy) and save as .wavs?

I'm all set with the burning process but unsure of the extraction. any thoughts?

BTW, these are store bought CD's that I am working with and want to keep them the best possible sound.

disabled account Deus ex Machina's Avatar

Re: Music Extraction Question

Originally posted by Noevo
    Alright, heres the situation. A friend of mine is getting married in June and is supplying a lot of music to be played at the reception. She has given me about 20 CD's and I need to compile them into 3 CD's of her specified playlist. Problem. I have gotten so used to working with mp3's that I am not up on what is out there as far a extracting audio and keeping it .wav so I can make playable CD's for her. What's the best method? Just extract using EAC (exact audio copy) and save as .wavs?

I'm all set with the burning process but unsure of the extraction. any thoughts?

BTW, these are store bought CD's that I am working with and want to keep them the best possible sound.
    Nero should handle it quite well.
    blessed be................

Re: Music Extraction Question

Originally posted by Noevo

I am a simple man. I use Music Match Jukebox.

I put in the music CD...mark what songs I want to record, and then goto options/quality and select wav format.

Once I have my playlist created...I click the burn button and 3-5 minutes later pops out a new CD!

R.I.P. 2017-10-02 Joint Chiefs of Staff's Avatar

Re: Re: Music Extraction Question

Originally posted by UOD

I use Music Match Jukebox.

You can say that again!

Nice write up here.

Download it here. PM me if you need the full program.
    >>Cult Master of International Affairs<<

Thanks guys

Noveo, I seen this kinda late.

Your already familure with EAC. It's the most accurate ripper on the planet. If your cd's are clean, then most do a fine job. If there are scratches and so forth, then EAC can more than likely do a better job.
    Extract as a wav to a folder of your choice. Rename any you do to 01, 02, 03 and so forth so as to keep a pecking order.

Open Nero or whatever program you like and burn.