Thread: Frozen UDF CD-RW

Frozen UDF CD-RW

on one of my cd-rws formatted as DirectCDD 5.0 UDF (533MB), a certain folder freezes every time i open a folder. It's just one folder; the rest of the cd is fine. I transferred the cd to a new one, but i had some valuable stuff in this folder. I can't use any program whatsoever to get in; a freeze is always the result (even from DOS). Should i just reformat it now (464 of 468MB have been saved), or should i try and do some repairs to it?
    DESKTOP: P4 1.8A, 512MB, 80GB WD-JB, 64MB GF2 MX, JLMS DVD-ROM, Samsung 48x24x48x, TV2000XP Deluxe, SB128, 2000 Pro

SERVER: P3 450, 384MB, 40GB & 7.2GB IDE (Promise Ultra66), 4.5GB SCSI (Diamond FirePort), ATI Rage IIC 8MB, SMC 1211TX, 2000 Server

Inspiron 8500: P4 2.2-M, 512MB, 40GB Hitachi, 64MB GF4 4200 Go, DVD/CD-RW, M-Audio Sonica Theatre, SXGA+ 15.4" TFT, 120GB WD-BB, Pioneer A05, XP Pro

Site of Stuff:
    http://mysiteofstuff.no-ip.ca

Re: Frozen UDF CD-RW

Originally posted by Jeremy
    on one of my cd-rws formatted as DirectCDD 5.0 UDF (533MB), a certain folder freezes every time i open a folder. It's just one folder; the rest of the cd is fine. I transferred the cd to a new one, but i had some valuable stuff in this folder. I can't use any program whatsoever to get in; a freeze is always the result (even from DOS). Should i just reformat it now (464 of 468MB have been saved), or should i try and do some repairs to it?

packet writing will eventually screw up a cd cause you're writing and rewriting that one part.. your data is probably gone. had it happen to me a couple of times, and gave up cdrws all together.