Thread: My latest toy

My latest toy

I'm assuming a decent portion of people here play guitar and probably like to mess around recording on their computers too.

Behringer V-AMP

This thing is really cool, and if you don't know to much about all these new digital amp modelers, search the net for "Line 6" "POD" and "VAMP"
    Intel P4 2.8 800FSB / Asus P4P800SE / Corsair 1024MB PC3200 / Antec Sonata / TruePower 380w
    Asus GeForce4 Ti4200 / Seagate 200GB SATA / WD 200GB IDE / LiteOn 4x DVD-RW / Windows XP Pro SP2

UoD probably has somethin like this, hes a huge recording guy
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

"Weapons of Ass Destruction"

Personally I've been thinking about a Line 6 POD. Maybe their rackmount version.

How to you like it?

All the research I've done seems to point out that the POD is no better, and by some opinons not as good as the VAMP, and is more than twice as much. (POD=$300 and VAMP2=$130).

The only gripe I have is getting the settings to where the presence or brightness is high enouhg, but that seems to be the issue with ALL digital modelers right now. The good amp and great selection of pedals is still the best way, but costs 10x as much. So for a little over a hundred dollars I have a pre-amp, tuner, 10 effect pedals, 12 cabinet emulators, and 32 amp simulators that sound ALMOST as good as the real things.

I like it so far
    Intel P4 2.8 800FSB / Asus P4P800SE / Corsair 1024MB PC3200 / Antec Sonata / TruePower 380w
    Asus GeForce4 Ti4200 / Seagate 200GB SATA / WD 200GB IDE / LiteOn 4x DVD-RW / Windows XP Pro SP2

This is what I have along with the floor board. the nice thing about this is in addition to all the user settings....it comes with the Emagic SoundDiver program so that you can do deep editing of your tones even firther than what it allows you to do on the amp itself.

I have an ESP guitar with EMG pickups so I'm able to get the most vicious sounds from the amp aalong with the cleanest of tones....too bad I can't capture it the way I want to using my computer and the direct line in. When I mic the amp, I'm much happier but with people over my house all the time, I have to revert to headphone use and direct line in recording.

thanks for the link, I will have to check it out at Guitar Center.

disabled account Deus ex Machina's Avatar
    I really never cared for digital effects on guitars. The V-amp is a nice little unit. I have tried it out at the local store. Rather nice to have as practice unit with headphones. I use a Mesa V-twin and whatever other pedal I am in the mood in for headphones.
    http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_In...in/v-twin.html
    shant,
    david
    blessed be................

Originally posted by Deus ex Machina
    I really never cared for digital effects on guitars. The V-amp is a nice little unit. I have tried it out at the local store. Rather nice to have as practice unit with headphones. I use a Mesa V-twin and whatever other pedal I am in the mood in for headphones.
    http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_In...in/v-twin.html
    shant,
    david
    hmmmmmmmm....my favorite sound. RECTIFIED!!!! Me slobbers on self.

How much?

disabled account Deus ex Machina's Avatar
    Originally posted by UOD

hmmmmmmmm....my favorite sound. RECTIFIED!!!! Me slobbers on self.

How much?
    I bought mine used for 75 dollars. New, I couldn't tell you without looking it up.

david
    blessed be................