Thread: AIM 4.7 Problem

AIM 4.7 Problem

OK, here it goes.

I've been getting errors in AIM when I send a file to friend.

When we directly connect and send images, the images always get screwed up and look like they are on a distorted cable channel.

When I send through the 'Send File...' option, after it completes, it says ' WHOEVER received C:\file but it doesn't agree with original.'

Does anyone have an clue what the problem is? It only happens with me because it happens with 3 different people and they say it's only with me. I really need this fixed. Thanks in advance for any help.

you might not be configured to use AIM 4.7.
    I never have that happen to me. But make sure you have the updated version or tell them to update to the latest version of AIM. thats the only thing I can think of.. but other than that they could be pulling your chain. And politely saying your pictures suck and as far as it not agreeing with original.. well thats out of my league here.
    Uninstall AIM and reinstall the lates version or get trillian. I hear it works well with AIM ICQ YAHOO MSN but I couldn't get it to work well unless I had them installed on my computer I don't like to use ICQ and noone uses msn messenger.. Yahoo crashes my system. AIM works. and ODIGO works too. RAZIUS won't connect to server. and CRYPTIM is sort of complicated. If I could find answers to all my problems well that would be cool.
    Powerfulsquid, I believe that you might be sending out fragmented files or those people are using AOL IM and have compressed images enabled in thier internet options.
    Good luck.

Thanks man, I'll look into the compressed images in Internet Options but as far as having the latest AIM, they all do, because I asked them.

I also tried reisntalling AIM and that did not work. I'm hoping someone can help me out here.

Also, this has never happend before, I've been using AIM for about 2 years now (not that long) and nothing like this has never happend.

OK, well, I connect my compter directly to the modem without the router, sent my friend a few images, and they looked perfect.

Then I plugged it back in, tried, and same problem.

Then I restarted the router, and same problem.

Hope this info helps. It's really getting me mad

ummm did you just answer your own problem?

OK, well, I connect my compter directly to the modem without the router, sent my friend a few images, and they looked perfect.

Then I plugged it back in, tried, and same problem.
    have you tried new cat 5 cables from your router to your pc?
    what do you have for a router?
    does it have the latest firmware?
    have you called the manufacture of the router?
    do they have a faq on there web page about this issue?
    do they have a fourm with end users having the same problem?

well..i know what the problem is, but i sort of need to use my router, so i want to be able to use the router, and still send images fine.

as i said, it used to work perfectly, not this.

the cat5 cable from my pc to my router are still good because thats what i used wheni connected it directly to my comp. i think it might be the cat5 going from the modem to the router, cuz that one looks all beat up, ill change it after this post.

my router is linksys befsr41

yes it has the latest firmware.

no i didnt call linksys or check the site for an FAQ, which i will do after this.

finally, i do not know if they have a forum, ill check that out.