Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ipconfig - the sequal

ipconfig - the sequal

So is there any value in backups or restores, or even editing the registry, then, if it does nothing?

Panama City, FL and a FAN of Dale Earnhardt Jr. Bud Chevy & NASCAR , and the Atlanta Braves
    You backup when all is well

Ah, I see you point - There's no sense in copying from the dunces test, eh? So there's no risk of losing some other vital registry info, then, right?

Panama City, FL and a FAN of Dale Earnhardt Jr. Bud Chevy & NASCAR , and the Atlanta Braves
    I would just reformat

Just curious Lobo,, Shouldn't he try to uninstall his tcp/ip and lan adapters first??

Seems to me he has got nothing to lose... If it works great,, if it doesn't then reformat. Reformatting is a drag!!!

TOO MUCH GIDDYYUP,,, NOT ENOUGH WHOA!!!

Trav

Yes he can try anything he wishes, just don't download anymore uncapper crap

What is this uncapper stuff?? Is this one of those programs that supposedly uncapps your connection even if it is capped by isp?

I missed this whole uncapper stuff in the thread.

Trav

We have gotten a lot of mileage out of this dliemma. Much friendly conversation and good, intelligent, expert advice has been shared and I think we are all better for it. Now, if you don't mind I must squash the warm fuzzy I just exposed, because I have a recent revelation. I just hung up with my wife who asked "How'd you get the cable modem working??" I told her that as far as I knew, I didn't... The last thing I did was try using RegCleaner that "mnosteele" had suggested to uninstall programs and clean out the registry from that "uncapping" . Nothing changed last night when I rebooted, so I gave up, turned it off and went to bed. But once my wife turned on the PC after lunch today, it appears to have gone back to normal. I had her check the ipconfig and everything, and it's a 68.xxx.xxx.xx again. GO FIGURE! I guess that program did something special adn the system needed some down time to reset itself. It's a free download at www.jv16.org . Anyway, THANKS, everyone for all your help.

Well hold your breath, I got up this morning and my puter was 17 times faster than 56K, was fine last night, so I restored a backup I had, no luck, still 17, no choice but to call ISP, 2 hours later they tell me all is fine, after pushing 600 buttons on phone, so then I put XP on fresh on another partition with tweaks, all the time trying to deal with AOL, wireless and uncapping, oh yea the new XP install, 17 times faster, you say I need a drink, no I need the bottle

Hey there Lobo!

Sounds like one of those days!!!! Too Much Giddyuo,,, Not enough Whoa!! Heh heh

Guess your last post explains this from a previous post..

Please call ISP: To have them tell you everthing is fine

Press 1 if you are broke
    Press 2 if you forgot why you called
    Press 3 if this is a speed issue, everything looks good
    Press 4 if you want to listen to sound track of Gone with the Wind
    Press 5 if you are having problems that we can't solve
    Press 6 if that dog won't hunt
    Press 7 if your tired of waiting, were tired of you waiting
    Press 8 if you want us to hang up on you
    Press 9 if your not sure you dialed right number
    If you want to speak to personnal rep you are 415 calls away, approx wait time is 2 days 25 min, thank you

You crack me up!!!!

Trav

It sounds like you have your hands full. How fast is your connection normally through AOL?

Man, I don't have AOL, I was trying to help Xstorm with HIS AOL,
    Doctor, I need pills, alot faster than 17

limxdul

Wink

LOL lobo with aol... I was about to slap you

I DO NOT have AOL, (yet), but mnosteele52 might

Hehehe, me no like AOL. IM me Lobo.
    Help & Tips broadbandnuts.com - CableNut Tcp/Ip Analyzer TCPOptimizer drtweak.com - Dr Tweak

He said he did not like it, Hmmm, nothing about not having, bet he has big girlfriend too, hehehehe

I was hoping (for your sake) that you didn't have AOL... Just trying to decipher the broken English.... Just kiddin - you were obviously frazzled.

Hey, I have anothier question... I can't seem to install Cisco VPN client because I have ICS enabled. Is there a way to disable that? I don't have a network in my house - no need to share the connection, but it says ICS is enabled. Is that just part of having a cable modem wioth an ethernet card??

Why is ICS enabled?

I didn't know that it was; I didn't enable it intentionally. When the Cisco VPN wouldn't install because it "cannot install on a computer with ICS enabled", I tried to figure out how to disable it, but I got nowhere. I went to Cisco's site and to Microsoft's site, but they're cryptic ( if not uselesss).

I don't use it thus know nothing about it, try help off start button