Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What exactly is at this website???

Exclamation What exactly is at this website???

Ive been wondering whats at this site since the code red or either nimda virus. the site is www.------.com I happen to believe for some reason that , that site is infected with viruses

Does anyone know whats at the site?

IS IT THAT BAD?
    Last edited by JackHamma96; 03-18-02 at 06:09 PM.

NO , DONT GO THERE

My~Rig
    |Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Toledo 2.0GHz @ 2.5Ghz||ASROCK 939Dual-SATA2||OCZ Platinum 2GB (2 x 1GB) PC3200|ZALMAN 120MM CNPS7700-CU|
    |ATI XT 1600 PRO|CSB SB0570 Audigy SE 7.1||WD SE16 SATA 320GB HD|Hitachi SATA 160GB HD|Thermaltake TR2 W0070 ATX 430W Power Supply |WIN 7 Ultimate| (College Budget)

Somewhere drinking like its going out of style.
    What is it??

wtf

Was that link edited by a mod?

If that is the actual link then you are a fool for posting it here.

no I edited cause I thought the site is really infected, when he said NO DONT GO THERE

Somewhere drinking like its going out of style.
    WT WT WT well, was it??

Thumbs up Thanks Jack

We definitely do not want links to bad sites posted. I appreciate you removing it!
    Ken

Originally posted by S1lv3r
    WT WT WT well, was it??
    answers please.
    Crackin' skulls and breaking kneecaps.

link didnt work

but i warned people

My~Rig
    |Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Toledo 2.0GHz @ 2.5Ghz||ASROCK 939Dual-SATA2||OCZ Platinum 2GB (2 x 1GB) PC3200|ZALMAN 120MM CNPS7700-CU|
    |ATI XT 1600 PRO|CSB SB0570 Audigy SE 7.1||WD SE16 SATA 320GB HD|Hitachi SATA 160GB HD|Thermaltake TR2 W0070 ATX 430W Power Supply |WIN 7 Ultimate| (College Budget)

Sometimes in Jay's pants...but always in his heart
    we wanna know what is on there, other than a virus...like what kind and what do you see when you go there....
    Sarah:"It's more like surfing than skating. . . I wish the rain would stop, just once."
    Eric Draven: "It can't rain all the time."

Sarah: "A building gets torched. All that is left is ashes. I used to think that it is true about everything - family, friends, feelings - but now I know that sometimes if love proves real, and two people are meant to be together, nothing can keep them apart."

Fairy glitter I didnt even know there is a virus on the site, I was asking about it cause I saw the site on www.symantec.com and they gave no warning that the site is bad, but I shouldnt care anyway

This brings up a general question: Just how vulnerable can you be by simply going to a web site? What's the worst case scenario? I've never had a problem worse than unending popups and oversized windows.

i hate you. no really. thechemgeek's Avatar
    i've been to a web site that totally freaked out my anti-virus program. heh. uhmm...won't say which one.

Originally posted by torsten
    This brings up a general question: Just how vulnerable can you be by simply going to a web site? What's the worst case scenario? I've never had a problem worse than unending popups and oversized windows.
    consider urself lucky

Originally posted by thechemgeek
    i've been to a web site that totally freaked out my anti-virus program. heh. uhmm...won't say which one.
    pr0n, eh ??

Actually, there are quite a few BAD sites that will cause you a lot of grief just by going there... go to some place like "gohip" and watch what happens...

Just run a thread in security forum and you may be surprised...
    Ken

Originally posted by Ken

Actually, there are quite a few BAD sites that will cause you a lot of grief just by going there... go to some place like "gohip" and watch what happens...

Just run a thread in security forum and you may be surprised...
    Ken
    EEWWW !!! GoHip hosed my system once and got in my email, stoopid little link in the bottom of every email. As bad as a virus but in plain sight. I was a newb and didn't know how to fix it.

C:\format c: /u

That's a tough one, depending on just how lax your security is, and how knowledgeable you are, just about anything could happen.

Worst case - Your BIOS is overwritten with garbage, and you can't boot (not even to a floppy), requireing you to take your PC to a shop to flash the BIOS. You get it home to find out the CMOS has a virus, and 90% of the files on your HD are gone.

Not likely, but possible depending on how you set up everything ......from the BIOS to IE security.

Security is rapidly becoming a more important issue for everyone that has any value for their box, not to mention privacy...
    I have quite a list of sites that will "bring you to your knees" just by visiting them...
    I can't post links as inevitably someone would click on them and then say "The link you posted destroyed my hard drive, I thought you were just joking when you said DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK! whhhhaahaaa wwwwwhhhhaaaaaa "

If you really, really, really, have to know, PM me and when I get a chance I will shoot you some, BUT remember, when you have a meltdown, YOU ASKED FOR IT!