View Poll Results: How do you feel about using freeware?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • I dislike it.

0 0%
  • I only like certain freeware.

6 35.29%
  • I like it because its free.

4 23.53%
  • I love it, use it all the time.

7 41.18%

Thread: Concerning Free Software

Smile Concerning Free Software

We as internet junkies and such.. look for things to make our life just a little bit easier.. but there are some situations you could turn back time and just do things the old fashioned way... NOT!

I Write this Thread because there is many people online that likes to use or try free software .. whether it is beta, full edition, final release, shareware not included. I mean freeware. All around the internet you will see sites that offer "downloads" not all are free not all say that they are free and not all say that they were free until now. And reason I state this is because not all people know what "Free" is. included here is a link to a site that gives you the low down about freeware.

I use freeware, my girlfriend uses it, my brother uses it, my best buds use it. Lets not forget, teachers.. teachers use it. Freeware is everywhere.

I watch Tech TV. I can't remember which Channel it is on because its the only one thats preset on the remote controller.. but On Screensavers.com there is many times that they include reviews of freeware and such and its just so amazing that many people use it and not even know it. Its like Shockwave, Yahoo, Flash 5.x, MSN Messenger, windows based OS Windows XP comes with software that is free for download at many different sites.. yeah go figure we gotta pay for it and the other guy gets it free. Many others out there actually use it for its main intention and its only purpose, others decompile it, borrow commands and rewrite there own freeware.

The purpose of the freeware is to get it out there and find the bugs in it. send the bug report to the author. It makes development of the next version easier to use, more options, and better looking GUI (graphical user interface). Some developers even go through all the trouble to costomize a program to suite you at a cost of free. So use freeware all you want to. And be a good person and request a fix for this and a better GUI and you can make things better for yourself.

thats a wrap.

Smithfield, New South Wales, Australia, Australia
    Cool mate, I have THREE examples that I think are useful.

ZONE ALARM

IrfanView

FILE SHREDDER
    Main Computer:
    GA97X G3
    i7 4790K
    GTX960
    32gb Ram
    1TB Samsung 860 SSD
    NZXT Case

I no longer feel guilty of using Freeware. I love outpost,ifranview,adaware,regcleaner,swatit, all the great freeware tools. But i barely register them if required. I going to start registering though. Its the least I can do for the developers.

So freeware brings the ideals of open-source (without the source) to Windows PCs?

I guess that's okay

jk, I used to use tonnes of MS-DOS based freeware when I was a kid. I used log onto BBS's and search for free games all day untill my eyes hurt.

Stef

I have no problems using freeware and to a great extent rely on it.
    To name a few:

InnoculateIT PE antivirus
    AVG antivirus
    ScriptSentry warning program for incoming possible problems
    AdShield banner ad blocker
    CookieWall, AtomicSync and NetstatLive from Analogx
    DDUptime recording connect times
    Favorg favourites organiser
    Copernic Lite search program
    SureDelete cleanup tool
    PopKi popup killer
    FreshDiagnose benchmarking

If a developer put's out a program for free personal use then it should be used and bugs reported.
    I guess I have been lucky so far and not had any buggy problems.

Have fun.
    Croc.
    It will be long, it will be hard and there will be no withdrawal.
    Winston Churchill
    Remember: Wherever you go in life, you take yourself with you.

InnoculateIT PE antivirus is FREE? where can I get it?

EDIT: Nm its Eztrust now I believe

Smile

Originally posted by JackHamma96
    InnoculateIT PE antivirus is FREE? where can I get it?

EDIT: Nm its Eztrust now I believe
    Free and updatable until May and there are sites you can get it from still. www.wilders.org for one.
    The question is: Why would you, now it's going off the free list and being replaced with ETrust? It's probably worth it to upgrade to ETrust anyway. At $9-95 for the program and a yearly subscription currently set at the same amount for updates, it is good value.
    I listed it only because it is/was free in the InnoculateIT PE form. Sorry you got excited there for a bit.

Croc.
    Croc.
    It will be long, it will be hard and there will be no withdrawal.
    Winston Churchill
    Remember: Wherever you go in life, you take yourself with you.