Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CD Burning software

CD Burning software

OMG, Roxio Easy CD 5 sucks almost as bad as Adaptec EZ v4.

What are you all using to burn CDRs? I mostly use Nero and CDRWin, but whats good for directly burning .MP3 files to an audio disc (decoding to WAV and burning on the fly?)
    Intel P4 2.8 800FSB / Asus P4P800SE / Corsair 1024MB PC3200 / Antec Sonata / TruePower 380w
    Asus GeForce4 Ti4200 / Seagate 200GB SATA / WD 200GB IDE / LiteOn 4x DVD-RW / Windows XP Pro SP2

i did 5 today with ez-cd-creator 5, converts them on the fly and they sound good.

never tried nero but may soon.
    4930K@4.3~32GBGskill~asusX79deluxe~Vega64~240GB-SSD-OS drive~500GB-SSD-scratch~240GB-SSD-thrash~4TB storage~6.4TB-ioMemorycard~Windows 7 pro
    *~ SG stats

I've been using nero for years and love it.
    Crackin' skulls and breaking kneecaps.

R.I.P. 2017-10-02 Joint Chiefs of Staff's Avatar
    Actually I've had no problems using Roxio v5.2 since the updates where released. Have you tried making sure your updates are 100%? I use cdrwin 4.0 and sometimes FireBurner for the good ol' bin/cues. I haven't had the opprotunity to explore and use Nero. People do swear by it though.

I use VOB CD & DVD for burning and overburning avi's. A lovely burning program.
    >>Cult Master of International Affairs<<

If your looking for accuracy, there isn't any software that can burn on the fly and have a perfect reproduction. All of them have slight errors. You might not be able to hear them but they are still there.
    For mp3 to cd's, I use Winamp to convert to wav then burn them.
    The latest version of Winamp's codec is as accurate as it gets. There are others that are just as accurate but not in burning programs.

I hate Nero (too many undocumented options, cumbersome interface) and Easy CD Creator 5.

I like NTI CD-Maker 2000 Pro.

I might try Nero Express.

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    Originally posted by glc1
    I hate Nero (too many undocumented options, cumbersome interface) and Easy CD Creator 5.

I like NTI CD-Maker 2000 Pro.

I might try Nero Express.
    I with you on that I like NTI CD Maker Pro the most too.
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

Originally posted by RoundEye

I with you on that I like NTI CD Maker Pro the most too.

GREAT program, isn't it? I like it a lot. Only glitch, in Win2K / XP, user must be member of admin group for it to run. This is a pain in the a*s in a domain environment. I try to lock the machines down tight, but I have to allow users to be local admins on the workstation it's installed on. NTI support says it's a "slight problem", and they're "looking into it".
    Observe everything...focus on nothing..

I use all the above mentioned software, I have installed, NTI, Nero, Easy CD, and CDRWIN. If I'm burning audio I use Easy CD If Im duplicating those hard to burn disks I use Nero or CDRWIN. Just got NTI havent had a chance to mess with it much. Thats my 2 cents

I have been using NTI here lately, bought it at CompUSA on sale for 20 bucks. Anyways, it works sweet, just as easy as Roxio/Easy CD but without all the bugs and such. I did have to update it though, but NTI had a free update and flawless install of the update, no complaints here.

I also have Nero, but have noticed problems when burning audio cd's, so I no longer use it for my audio stuff.

Originally posted by Cornbread
    I have been using NTI here lately, bought it at CompUSA on sale for 20 bucks. Anyways, it works sweet, just as easy as Roxio/Easy CD but without all the bugs and such. I did have to update it though, but NTI had a free update and flawless install of the update, no complaints here.

I also have Nero, but have noticed problems when burning audio cd's, so I no longer use it for my audio stuff.
    CORNBREAD!

Originally posted by Macho-Module

CORNBREAD!
    Hello buddy

How you doin'?

In my opinion for anyone who does a lot of burning of all kinds of CD's or images you should have these in your library:
    • CloneCD
    • Nero
    • Padus DiscJuggler
    • FireBurner

Also, get WinISO to help construct you own ISO images or add/delete from existing images.

Another good one, good for audio, but it is kinda hard to use.

Feurio

Originally posted by twwabw

GREAT program, isn't it? I like it a lot. Only glitch, in Win2K / XP, user must be member of admin group for it to run. This is a pain in the a*s in a domain environment. I try to lock the machines down tight, but I have to allow users to be local admins on the workstation it's installed on. NTI support says it's a "slight problem", and they're "looking into it".
    That's not really a glitch. A lot of problems require admin privileges to function.

Originally posted by C.M. Weaver
    In my opinion for anyone who does a lot of burning of all kinds of CD's or images you should have these in your library:
    • CloneCD
    • Nero
    • Padus DiscJuggler
    • FireBurner

Also, get WinISO to help construct you own ISO images or add/delete from existing images.
    I've never needed anything but CloneCD to copy certain discs. Although, I've heard that FireBurner is almost as good.

That's not really a glitch. A lot of problems require admin privileges to function.
    Gotta disagree with you there. It's a REAL problem, and the reason it doesn't function is it is not ASPI compliant. And since it's not, it needs access to dynamic registry changes with 2K / XP, which are only possible with admin priveledges. I don't know of too many desktop applications that require this kind of access.

It defeats trying to set up a reasonable security policy on user's PC's, and that's my real issue with it. The thought of a typical user needing admin rights to burn a CD seems a little ridiculous.

The only other mainstream app I've run into that has issues like this is AutoCAD. It requires all users to be at minimum, members of the power users group, for the same reason (registry). It too is a huge pain in the a*s, but there's a registry edit you can do to allow them full control over app, but nothin else.

The thought of a typical user needing admin rights to burn a CD seems a little ridiculous.
    Not really. Think of how businesses would use that.

Not really. Think of how businesses would use that.
    I think I'm missing your point.... why shouldn't a user have a CD burner?

LOL!!!!11ONEEXCLAMATIONT! master7's Avatar
    Originally posted by Stu_Grimson
    I've been using nero for years and love it.
    i'm going to become rich and famous after i invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet

I think I'm missing your point.... why shouldn't a user have a CD burner?

Too much chance for misuse that the company would be responsible for.

We have a few users with Burners due to document storage required by the EPA. But as a general rule we wouldn't want users to have them. The chances are just too great that they would be misused. It's a liability issue that is a huge question mark. sorry, sounds Nazi but you can't take chances all the time.