Thread: Resident Evil ?!

Jen's Best Friend RoscoPColtrane's Avatar

Question Resident Evil ?!

Hey guys

I know there are alot of video game fans out there. And alot of movie lovers! SO i was wondering has any one seen resident evil yet? IM a huge fan of the games, and d/led the trailer earlier last week....it looked pretty good! Just wondering if the movie is good b/c the critics are kinda mixed (like they always are)....anyways i hate going by critics...they dont know jack!

what do you think? did it follow the games closely? worth seeing?
    ****************************************************************************************
    Abit NF7-S 2.0, Barton 2500+ @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 Gig ddr3200, 80gig Seagate HDD, ATI x850 PRO @ 550/600, WinXP Pro

J B K M

Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XL Champions!!!!!

Just wondering if the movie is good b/c the critics are kinda mixed (like they always are)....anyways i hate going by critics...they dont know jack!
    LOL...so instead of professional critics, you want amateur volunteer ones?

Go see the movie if it interests you. Then I'll tell you how bad it was!

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

ON actually i was just more interested in opionions of people who share the same intrests as me.....not a bunch of overweight morons who get paid for what they do......
    ****************************************************************************************
    Abit NF7-S 2.0, Barton 2500+ @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 Gig ddr3200, 80gig Seagate HDD, ATI x850 PRO @ 550/600, WinXP Pro

J B K M

I played the first two resident evil games on the PS(but I'm not a huge fan of it) and I watched the movie yesterday. Arrr..I thought the movie was pretty bad. Many of the parts in the movie seems unlogical(these unlogical parts actually made me laugh!!). Also, it is more like an action movie, like "The Mummy" minus a lot of special effects. Overall I gave it 1.5/5 stars! Hehe, but this is just my opinion. You might still like it!

Have Fun.

we went last night took the 7 year old the other too went to ice age. It could have been more scarey. It was alright.
    I am awesome.

My girlfriend wants to see it.

...That never bodes well for a movie in my honest opinion.

I heard the movie isn't anything like the game. The only thing the movie has that is in the game is the Umbrella Corp. and the undead. The story is not like the games story and the characters name aren't the same.
    *Space For Rent*

Originally posted by Zanogear
    I heard the movie isn't anything like the game. The only thing the movie has that is in the game is the Umbrella Corp. and the undead. The story is not like the games story and the characters name aren't the same.
    Its a new story based in the "universe" of the game, which is usually the best way to go. I can't imagine a movie with Claire or Jill shooting crows for half an hour.

I havn't seen it yet, and frankly, I'm expecting it to suck. I might just end up waiting until someone else buys the dvd, since I'm not in the mood to pay $9 for a movie like that at this point.

I watched the movie last night and IMO it sucked bad. Some special effects were cool, but acting and such was boring .

Sometimes in Jay's pants...but always in his heart
    Originally posted by Zanogear
    thats what i have heard too...

either way i don't want to see it, cuz it seems too scary for me...i know that sounds funny, but it just does.
    Sarah:"It's more like surfing than skating. . . I wish the rain would stop, just once."
    Eric Draven: "It can't rain all the time."

Sarah: "A building gets torched. All that is left is ashes. I used to think that it is true about everything - family, friends, feelings - but now I know that sometimes if love proves real, and two people are meant to be together, nothing can keep them apart."

panic room looks good

Thumbs up

i just got back from seeing the movie...i thought it was great! the music was excellent...techno/hardcore stuff...the special effects were good, I thought the acting was pretty good.

I thought it had a nice mix of the game storyline and the movie story....everything made sense, nothing was out of place. it leaves off for a perfect sequel (obvisouly)

i think it was worth the $8.50 i paid....i'll probably see it again with some other friends.

crap fest

and it cost $10.50 to see
    athlon 1.333ghz(266fsb), 1024mb pc-133, ATI Radeon 8500le 128MB, 60gig western digital 7200 rpm hd, 60gig maxtor 7200 rpm hd, LG 24x10x40 CR-RW, Pioneer 16x DVD-Rom, sound blaster live x-gamer!,viewsonic 17" E771,win XP PRO

On stage in front of an arena full of people
    damn! where the hell do you people see movies. here if you catch the matenee or however the hell its spelled its 4 bucks and regular price is 7

i would NEVER pay that much to see a movie
    I am the Antipop the man you cannot stop

Mississauga, Ontario , Canada. Behaviour : Good
    Originally posted by TheAntipop
    damn! where the hell do you people see movies. here if you catch the matenee or however the hell its spelled its 4 bucks and regular price is 7

i would NEVER pay that much to see a movie
    depends.... I don't know about u guys.. I pay around 6 or 7 bcuks too and sometimes 12 or so after 6 to watch a movie.. but they got huge screens.. digital sounds thx ... everything.. mumbo jumbo.. it's worth it..

but if it's the same thing for 4 bucks.. I'd take that too.. heh

SG Enthusiast
    Got you all beat, saw it for free and got paid around $22/hour to be there. Overall I thought it was a pretty good movie especially compared to some of the video game to movies that have come out in the past few years. Also saw the last hour of Queen of The Damned it was pretty good to but will have to go back and catch the first half before making up my mind, the books rocked.

Sometimes in Jay's pants...but always in his heart
    Originally posted by russell12
    Got you all beat, saw it for free and got paid around $22/hour to be there.
    how'd you manage that?
    Sarah:"It's more like surfing than skating. . . I wish the rain would stop, just once."
    Eric Draven: "It can't rain all the time."

Sarah: "A building gets torched. All that is left is ashes. I used to think that it is true about everything - family, friends, feelings - but now I know that sometimes if love proves real, and two people are meant to be together, nothing can keep them apart."

I may or may not be waiting ot catch it at the dollar movies now!! THanks for the reviews guys!

J B K M