Thread: I Hate Telemarketers More Than Lawyers!!!!

Angry I Hate Telemarketers More Than Lawyers!!!!

How many hang up calls or telemarketing calls do you get a day? I usually get about 10 a day!!!!

Here is some suggestions to curing the problem:

Telemarketer Repellent. Use one or as many as necessary.

1. If they say they're John Doe from XYZ Company, ask them to spell their name. Then ask them to spell the company name. Then ask them where it is located, how long it
    has been in business, how many people work there, how they got into this line of work, if they are married, how many kids they have, etc. Continue asking them personal questions or questions about their company for as long as necessary.
    2. Say "no" over and over. Be sure to vary the sound of each one, and keep a rhythmic tempo, even as they are trying to speak. This is most fun if you can do it until
    they hang up.
    3. If MCI calls trying to get you to sign up for the Family and Friends Plan, reply, in as sinister a voice as you can, "I don't have any friends, would you be my
    friend?"
    4. If they start out with, "How are you today?" say, "I'm so glad you asked, because no one these days seems to care, and I have all these problems. My arthritis is
    acting up, my eyelashes are sore, my dog has the gout..."
    5. If the company cleans rugs, respond: "Can you get out blood? Can you get out goat blood? How about human blood?"
    6. Tell the telemarketer you are busy at the moment and ask him/her if he/she will give you his/her home phone number so you can call him/her back. When the
    telemarketer explains that telemarketers cannot give out their home numbers say, "I guess you don't want anyone bothering you at home, right?" The telemarketer will agree and you say, "Me either!" Hang up.
    7. Ask them to repeat everything they say several times.
    8. Insist that the caller is really your buddy Leon, playing a joke. "Come on, Leon, cut it out! Seriously, Leon, how's your momma?"
    9. Tell them you are hard of hearing and that they need to speak up . . . louder . . . louder . . .
    10. When the salesperson asks, "Is this the homeowner?" say, "Is this the salesperson?" and when they say, "Yes," hang up.
    11. If it's a call from a public service organization (Sherriff's Association, Fireman's Organization, etc.), ask them where they're calling from. These people are typically contractors at centralized locations. If they respond with a city outside of your city, county, or state, simply say "You're too far away!" and then hang up.
    12. If you have children, give the phone to the child. This works especially well when the child has the same name as the parent.

Chimmy
    Kinky is using a feather.
    Perverted is using the whole chicken.

R.I.P. 2017-10-02 Joint Chiefs of Staff's Avatar

Awesome! Telemarketers are just as bad as spam mail!
    >>Cult Master of International Affairs<<

Tooo many! I usually say I'm not home and noone is here that can make those kinds of decisions. Hmm but no sense in ALL of us getting them. You already get a ton whats a few more.....forwarding

Too many is right but call display helps out and call screen. Unknown name unknown number no problem, no answere, if it's important they'll leave a message. If I happen to answere I always tell them thanks for your time, don't call us we'll call you

"We don't see things as they are. We see them as we are."

Uninsured for your health
    Caller ID and Privacy Manager are Golden... 'cept when they say something "Todd from {mummbles} I assume it's someone from class and accept the call...
    Quote Originally Posted by Three Rivers Designs
    America! Love it or give it back!

Caller id works great! Or I let my daughter (who learned to speak spanish in school) answer it and that usually takes take of them

Uninsured for your health
    Originally posted by Red Rose
    Caller id works great! Or I let my daughter (who learned to speak spanish in school) answer it and that usually takes take of them
    She actually speaks fluent spanish from a High School class...? NO ONE in my school was able to do that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Three Rivers Designs
    America! Love it or give it back!

Originally posted by CiscoCert

She actually speaks fluent spanish from a High School class...? NO ONE in my school was able to do that...

Not really fluent, but enough to really confuse the telemarketers

SG Enthusiast
    Well, I still think lawyers are worse.

They have more endurance than telemarketers.

Kip

Originally posted by Kip Patterson
    Well, I still think lawyers are worse.

They have more endurance than telemarketers.

Kip
    More endurance perhaps, but telemarketers have them in persistence!

We did this
    as we had a phone similar to the legal aides as well
    so we got calls from 730 in the morning till whenever

We got cell phones and cable

its all good now..

no one bothers us that we dont want to bother us
    I am awesome.

my dad once said

"my wife is in labor dont call back"

"i just got out of jail, could i get a job there"

"i didnt mean to kill him"

etc... and they hang up on him

My~Rig
    |Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Toledo 2.0GHz @ 2.5Ghz||ASROCK 939Dual-SATA2||OCZ Platinum 2GB (2 x 1GB) PC3200|ZALMAN 120MM CNPS7700-CU|
    |ATI XT 1600 PRO|CSB SB0570 Audigy SE 7.1||WD SE16 SATA 320GB HD|Hitachi SATA 160GB HD|Thermaltake TR2 W0070 ATX 430W Power Supply |WIN 7 Ultimate| (College Budget)