Thread: Ordering Plane Tickets Online

Ordering Plane Tickets Online

The only time I did anything regarding this online, I used my American Express points (as frequent flier miles) to pay for the trip.

Now, I have to plan a trip to Phoenix in a month, and am looking for suggestions on ordering plane tickets online. Hotels would be taken care of seperately, and I'm only looking for a one-way ticket.

(And yes, I know of Priceline, Travelocity, etc.)

We recently used Priceline for a trip to Cali for my son, $250 RT!

There are so many to choose from.........

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...irfare&spell=1

Uninsured for your health
    I've used Travelocity to find the fairs, then once I got the good fair, I got the same quote from the airline directly, sometimes a bit cheaper. Used a CapitalOne Mastercard for the purchases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Three Rivers Designs
    America! Love it or give it back!

So far, Travelocity has yet to give me a one-way flight from NY to AZ for less than $1k.

I'll keep trying with it I guess.

Uninsured for your health
    Originally posted by BIGJIMSLATE
    So far, Travelocity has yet to give me a one-way flight from NY to AZ for less than $1k.

I'll keep trying with it I guess.
    Damn...that's HELLA too high...

Check on AmericaWest from Newark to Phoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Three Rivers Designs
    America! Love it or give it back!

We just recently purchased tickets for my wife from Portland, OR to St Louis. It was $158 for the tickets and then like $52 for all the freaking taxes and fuel surcharges. The security surcharges I don't mind paying for, but why do they still have that fuel tax now that oil's cheap again? (Why? Because they can! ) Anyway, we got our tickets from Yahoo Travel.

are you searching for round trip tickets too? sometimes they are actually cheaper than one way - I think that round trip tickets are discounted more than one way, but I dunno. Might be worth a check.

Sometimes in Jay's pants...but always in his heart
    the only one i know of is the one you already know about, which is priceline...my dad had used them for a one way flight before and he got a REALLY good price on his ticket. it was like $60 for a one way ticket from atlanta, ga to tampa, fl.
    Sarah:"It's more like surfing than skating. . . I wish the rain would stop, just once."
    Eric Draven: "It can't rain all the time."

Sarah: "A building gets torched. All that is left is ashes. I used to think that it is true about everything - family, friends, feelings - but now I know that sometimes if love proves real, and two people are meant to be together, nothing can keep them apart."

Today I purchased a RT ticket to Denver. Travelocity and Priceline were about $70 cheaper than directly with the Airline but those other services don't give you the option of dearting/arrival times (they give you a window of times). Since the lines at airports are getting longer and security checks slow things down I didn't want to risk getting a ticket where the flight leaves at 6am and then have to get up at 3 just to get to the airport with enough time to accomplish the security checkin.

I chose to book directly with the airline. The extra $70 was well spent since I'll know my times and not be spinning a "ruelette wheel" and hoping for decent times