Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Time to post about our user names...

When I first started buying on ebay in 1998, I had to come up with a name. My grandkids called me Papa Tom (to distinguish from Papa Bill, the other grandfather). I tried poppatom, and papatom but both were taken. Poptom worked. I checked back later and found I could have used just "tom". I like to keep things simple.

Tom Sauters
    Last edited by poptom; 03-01-02 at 10:57 PM.
    "Mr President, you have big balls" - Dominica prime minister Eugenia Charles to Ronald Reagan after the invasion of Grenada, 1983

"We win and they lose. What do you think of that?" - Ronald Reagan, 1977

I'm a Fireman and my first day on the job I had a working fire so my Shift Commander Chief (who was big into fire toys) gave me a action figure called "Men of Steel" so my Lieutenant started calling me "Man o Steel" - and since my last name is Steele....... you can figure the rest.

On stage in front of an arena full of people
    TheAntipop because i dont like most things that are popular because it gets waterd down by the media and the executives and corporations and loses what it started out with in the first place that made it great.

its also a song by primus that i liked the words to.
    I am the Antipop the man you cannot stop

Blog Entries
    Indy, which is short for IndyOST (my old nickname), which stood for Indianapolis Online Service Technician, which is my job
    Last edited by Indy; 04-22-02 at 01:53 PM.
    ------
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

Fairly self explanatory.

Croc because we share our space with crocodiles in North Eastern Australia.
    Don't confuse me with The Crocodile Man of TV (?)fame(?) you Americans seem so obsessed with. He's a bit of a dill if you want an Aussie opinion and he will be eaten one day.

The Avatar.... Pinched it. LOL

Croc.
    Croc.
    It will be long, it will be hard and there will be no withdrawal.
    Winston Churchill
    Remember: Wherever you go in life, you take yourself with you.

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    Seems to be a couple of bike nuts here

When I wrenched on bikes at a Honda dealership, I got almost all of the deep engine repairs and all of the electrical repairs too.

When I was given the job ticket, the service manager said "ah, lets see you f**king fix this one RoundEye" in a Japanese accent.

It stuck.

Brembo, I have Brembo brakes on my Ducati. A good pull on the lever and I can stand the bike on the front tire.
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

Originally posted by RoundEye
    Seems to be a couple of bike nuts here

When I wrenched on bikes at a Honda dealership, I got almost all of the deep engine repairs and all of the electrical repairs too.

When I was given the job ticket, the service manager said "ah, lets see you f**king fix this one RoundEye" in a Japanese accent.

It stuck.

Brembo, I have Brembo brakes on my Ducati. A good pull on the lever and I can stand the bike on the front tire.
    **I worked as service manager at the local Ducati shop a couple years ago. Man...miss my bike
    Wasnt a Duck though..had a Kawasaki ZX9-R. Would LOVE to own a Ducati one day.
    Mike W.
    ----------------
    AMD Athalon 1.0gig, 640meg SDRAM, K7SeM Board, RealTek RTL8139 Fast Ethernet NIC, Maxtor ATA100 PCI Card, Maxtor 7200rpm 20gig HDD, Samsung 20gig HDD, LG Cd-RW, Iomega 100mgb Iomega Zip, 50X CD ROM, ATI Rage Fury Pro 128, ViewSonic A-72f, Windows Xp Pro and Windows 98se, Comcast Cable Connection, SG Optimizer

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    I have a 2000 Monster 750, had a 1990 ZX-11 Before that.
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

Faust. comes from the character who (in a nutshell) sells his soul to Mephisto (Mephistopheles........ Satan, in other words), giving up his mastery of science and magic for a life of pleasures and debauchery.

awsome story. a real thinker's tale. delves into the questions of philosopy and life and such...... a must-read.

my name is Scott R. Maier, BTW.

Damn, I feel left out. Never worked in a bike shop, nor could I dream of working on one for money. But I like to keep the guys in the shops busy

current ride is a 94 HD Heritage Softail Classic. First bike I ever rode was a '78 FLH. Fell in love with shovelheads at that point. Can still spot one by sound alone. OR if it's hot out and theres a bike sitting on the side of the road, it's a shovelhead.

I'm discovering much in this thread, this is the most interesting one I've read in a long time. This thread feels different, and in a good way.

A ghost is the spirit of a dead person, and I died a long time ago. Things I've done, things I've witnessed and things done to me have left me soulless.

The descriptor under my avatar is how I feel about myself - forsaken by God, forsaken by me.

I take solace in two things: laughter and my son, now 5. The latter keeps me alive, gives my life meaning and purpose, and if he should somehow die before me....well, let's just say it won't be by much. Because without him I'm nothing - a ghost.

Come here ghost. Let the MD give you a big kiss!

People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Kitten is a nick name EA gave me...I like to cuddle and im cute as a kitten
    "Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a Judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods."

Originally posted by kitten
    Kitten is a nick name EA gave me...I like to cuddle and im cute as a kitten

*must resist urge to be a smartass*

*staples fingers to desk*
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.

Originally posted by brembo

I know what you are thinking you naughty little boy

Originally posted by brembo

LMAO
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilog B
    Loading the dishwasher at brembo's house means bringing the fiancee a sixpack home.

Originally posted by Stu_Grimson
    Recently accquired Stu Grimson, he joined the Nashville Predators last year. He has the image of a true badass. Not to mention I'm a badass too.

I just like him because I saw him knock a guy out with one punch in a game when he was with the Kings.
    now if only he knew how to play hockey lol

the meaning to my name is best found at the bottom of an empty can of spam

Originally posted by Faust
    Faust. comes from the character who (in a nutshell) sells his soul to Mephisto (Mephistopheles........ Satan, in other words), giving up his mastery of science and magic for a life of pleasures and debauchery.

awsome story. a real thinker's tale. delves into the questions of philosopy and life and such...... a must-read.

my name is Scott R. Maier, BTW.
    what is the books name? sounds cool.

Originally posted by drdoug99

what is the books name? sounds cool.

"Where's Waldo"......lol.
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.

//shaking fist at brembo///

"quiet, you!"

the story is German in origin and has been rewritten and translated many times sine the late 16th century.

i actually don't remember which one i read (it was in school), but if you go to something like www.barnesandnoble.com and do a search for "Faust" or "Faustus" or "Doktor Faustus" you will see tons of titles.