Thread: monitor is making weird clicking sounds everytime i turn it on, it does it randomly

Advanced Member

monitor is making weird clicking sounds everytime i turn it on, it does it randomly

monitor is making weird clicking sounds everytime i turn it on, it does it randomly, what does this mean, is there anyway to fix it?

If it's just one click, it's just a relay operating. That's normal.

If it repeats, it could be high voltage arcing.

Which is it?
    "Mr President, you have big balls" - Dominica prime minister Eugenia Charles to Ronald Reagan after the invasion of Grenada, 1983

"We win and they lose. What do you think of that?" - Ronald Reagan, 1977

Advanced Member
    repeats: like click click click click, then its fine for a while, then maybe in a couple of more hours, click click click click, any ideas on how to fix it?, the clicking sounds are fast, estimate is like 4 clicks in 1 second or less
    Last edited by newbie1; 03-01-02 at 03:28 PM.

One of my older monoitors clicks when I go from a low resolution to a high,vga to svga. Are you switching programs or trying to play a game that is trying to switch modes? I am just quesssing that something is trying to switch your monotor to a resolution (frequency) that it doesn't suport.

That's a good point. Before we delve any deeper, try reducing the demands on the monitor. Lower the refresh rate and/or screen resolution.

If you still get the ticking, we'll look at other posibilities.
    "Mr President, you have big balls" - Dominica prime minister Eugenia Charles to Ronald Reagan after the invasion of Grenada, 1983

"We win and they lose. What do you think of that?" - Ronald Reagan, 1977