View Poll Results: Do u HATE ur parents or one of them?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, cuz tehy try to control my life and manipulate things that affect me

5 20.00%
  • No, i am a very sheltered person or got lucky and got some decent ones.

20 80.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: !!!!!!

SG Enthusiast
    I'm a parent and a grandparent..and a damned good one at that.. my heart is with you Yard.

My parents adopted me when they were in there 50's. They were poor economically, but very rich lovingly. I regret that I was such a hellion and gave them so many problems as a teenager. They loved me none the less. I give them 5 stars! I only wish they were alive to know how I feel about them now.

Originally posted by Prey521
    I've always loved my rents, and when they moved to New Jersey, I loved them more LOL
    Are my eyes playing tricks on me or is this some kind of intergalactic anomaly (sp) who is this Prey person? Where is Prey and what have you done with him?
    Last edited by blebs; 02-24-02 at 02:10 AM.

I don't have any major probs with my parents..

besides the fact that they get mad when I spend some money on some comp stuff (most of the time) occasionally....

they JUST don't understand I can't let them comps AGE just like that, if you don't KEEP upgrading your comps they WILL be junk...

other than that..
    I guess they have somewhat of a point (they're paying about 1/2 my college)

<edit> BTW freedom wise I can do whatever the hell I want basically within limits...

I've had a friend over play Q3 at night a few times..
    they don't like it if he stays late (after about 3)...
    I can go to a friends house till 5 or 6am if I want to..

they KNOW they can trust me, and they do...in most things..

SG Enthusiast
    Originally posted by BMED

ur correct!

the older, the wiser!

BUDWEISER!
    My words exactly..

a small office in Florida, I mean really small!
    yeah, I hate my dad
    1Ghz AMD Athalon, 30Gb/40Gb/10Gb, 384Mb, ATI Rage 128 Pro, DVD, CDRW, Di-604, Dlink Ethernet x2, Fast PCI 10/100 Ethernet, WINxp Pro

Yard...

what appears to be going on in your family (at least from what I gathered in this thread...) is that your family are "projecting" their own shortcomings onto you. It's a self-defence mechanism of the human psyche. They criticize in other what they hate about themselves. Obviously, that will not help at all. My parents were and still are masters of that. You know how I am standing with my folks. It's pretty much cease fire at the moment, no contact between us.

I would not use the word "hate" if I were you. Do you know what REAL hate is? Blind f***ing hate? You know aggression, you know dislike. Maybe you can't live with your parents, and they can't live with you. Still, be careful with the word "hate", especially while you still live under the same roof. Getting a place to live on your own should be your first priority, then they can rant all they want and it won't change a thing.

Trust me, I know pretty much what you're going through now, it appears that it's pretty much the same as when I still lived with them. Now I live on my own, I earn my own money, etc. I have the ability to break contact any time I want. Maybe a cease fire with an extended duration could get your family back on track a bit.

Cheers,
    Ronald
    ex-WoW-addict