Thread: Interesting how home mortgages work...

Blog Entries

Interesting how home mortgages work...

Was doing a little bit of calculating on the web site where I've got my home mortgage through, and found out that if I pay an extra $150/month on top of my mortgage, I can cut the overall cost to me in half and have the loan paid off in 17 years instead of 30...So I can have my house paid when I turn 50, instead of when I turn 63 and am almost at social security age...
    ------
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

Re: Interesting how home mortgages work...

Originally posted by Indy
    Was doing a little bit of calculating on the web site where I've got my home mortgage through, and found out that if I pay an extra $150/month on top of my mortgage, I can cut the overall cost to me in half and have the loan paid off in 17 years instead of 30...So I can have my house paid when I turn 50, instead of when I turn 63 and am almost at social security age...
    Yeah...just designate it towards the principal each month...

Indy...I need to hookup an extra TV to my cable. Right now I only have one TV hooked up to digicable and the cable modem...which comes of a 1000mhz splitter with RG-6 cable. Can I get a 3 way splitter and do this or will I get signal loss and screw with the SNR???? I don't want to screw with the cable modem.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Blog Entries

Re: Re: Interesting how home mortgages work...

Originally posted by UOD

Yeah...just designate it towards the principal each month...

Indy...I need to hookup an extra TV to my cable. Right now I only have one TV hooked up to digicable and the cable modem...which comes of a 1000mhz splitter with RG-6 cable. Can I get a 3 way splitter and do this or will I get signal loss and screw with the SNR???? I don't want to screw with the cable modem.
    You'll get some loss on the signal (about 3.5 dB), but it shouldn't have any noticable effect on your signal to noise...as long as your levels are at a decent level into the modem, you should be able to get away with putting a splitter in
    ------
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

Re: Interesting how home mortgages work...

Try calculating the mortgage again with those payments you are thinking of paying split further into weekly payments.

Croc.
    Croc.
    It will be long, it will be hard and there will be no withdrawal.
    Winston Churchill
    Remember: Wherever you go in life, you take yourself with you.

well well, THIS IS my area of knowlegde.I and my boyfriend work at a mortgage company and were nationwide!! anymore questions? if you dont mind me asking are you on a fixed rate under 6.5%?
    don't HATE me if you ain't me!

Counter-Strike Addict AoDLiQuiD-M3tH's Avatar

Re: Re: Re: Interesting how home mortgages work...

You'll get some loss on the signal (about 3.5 dB), but it shouldn't have any noticable effect on your signal to noise...as long as your levels are at a decent level into the modem, you should be able to get away with putting a splitter in
    or he could get a dc-6 or 9 to feed the modem then 2 a two way. less signal loss to the tvs. the modem should be ok it has a pretty good operating range -15--+15
    -[AoD]-LiQuiD>M3tH-[SA]-
    -[AoD]-Clan General

www.Counter-Strike.net

Indy, I just walked through all them wizards and actually applied online to refinance my home for 15 years.....I went with an outfit out of Salt Lake who I could work with.......as in they were willing to work with me on my interest rate. I finally got a comitment for 6 percent and no points about a month ago and when it looked for sure the rate wouldn't go down, I commited...I signed 2 days ago........easiest mortgage I've ever done. I only wish I had been watching it closer, sooner....I could have done better.
    The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, and prejudices to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own for the children and the children yet unborn and the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone.

I read somewhere that one extra payment a year (13 payments) would almost cut the time in half. Odd how geometric progressions work.
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.

brembo...If you start from the first and pay an extra payment a year, it won't be by quite have but you'll lower it from 30 to around 20 years....

The trick is to pay as much over as you can at the first part of the mortgage. On the other hand, if your interest is lower than what you can make on the difference by investing it......then you have another choice....

I'm not the expert here though....I'm sure someone can certianly add to this...
    The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, and prejudices to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own for the children and the children yet unborn and the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone.