Thread: Bad F@H2 work units?

Bad F@H2 work units?

Something seems wrong with the latest F@H2 work unit I recieved. I can't find anything wrong with my computer, but this latest packet is going to take about 16 hours to complete. The longest any previous packet has taken is 8 hrs on a packet that scored a 2.0. Since I haven't seen anyone get a score of more than 2.0 on any packets I'm assuming that a 2.0 packet must be the largest.
    Has anyone else had something like this happen?
    Have I gotten a bad WU? If so what should I do about It?
    I would appreciate any insight you might have as I am new to folding.
    Thank You,
    ryo

Most of the time if I get a bad WU it blows up my folding so I would not be too worried about it.
    I noticed all of my machines have started to slow down in WU's turned in in the last few days. I have not looked at the new proteins but my guess is we have rolled into another set that may have many more steps to process.

BTracy

LOL!!!!11ONEEXCLAMATIONT! master7's Avatar
    There is a new protein out there.
    It's called "Protein A"
    My computer is just finishing one of those right now, took my 1.33ghz Athlon 21.33 hours to finish. I have looked this up, this is a HUUGGGEEE protein.
    And from what I already read, it should score as a 3.
    i'm going to become rich and famous after i invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet

I'm a little new here. I have looked at the different ranking sites and seen how we/I stand but where do you find what the score is for your current WU?

Any other help (keep it simple) would be great.

BTW: In the folding venue Lucidsoft keeps pulling away from us. I wanna see the team move up. I guess that was just a little pep talk

I just remember seeing that protein being worth 3 on another board.

Yes, we do need to catch up, but we need more processors . Easto, recruit all your friends!!

If we have 4-5 more processors - we'll catch up and pass them.
    i'm going to become rich and famous after i invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet

Wish I could, but I can't

They would kick my butt halfway to China but the thought of installing FOH on all the computers at work 17 of em and 1 gig celereys has crossed my mind

That would be swwweeeetttt.

If they run W2k/XP, you can set F@H as a service - it would run without anyone noone.

Of course, you would need to make sure (about once a week) that they aren't losing their config (my Linux box does this about every ~2-3 weeks)

ryo.....so maybe you have one of the first protiens to score a 3.....

CooL!!

So set that baby up just a bit faster! LOL I'd be willing to bet you can get it to 1.4 easily.

Let us know how you do! I suppose we'll be able to see it eh?
    The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, and prejudices to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own for the children and the children yet unborn and the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone.

Just turned in my Protein A WU, got 3.6 out of it.

hang on guys i got a 1.7 and a dual 1ghz rig on the way,, dually is the first to be added but going thro cpu trouble, as in i bought the wrong ones lol

Allright YoS!! With that extra horsepower - we'll probably leave LucidSoft in the dust!

scoring system stinks

My rudimentary math skills tell me that 3.0 on a packet that takes 18+ hours versus a 2.0 that takes 8 hours, stinks. It means that where you rank on the work performed scale has more to do with luck of the draw than speed of your machine.
    Since I only have 1 machine to run my chances of staying in the top ten don't look very promising.
    Oh well at least it's for a good cause.

ryo

My work rate has dropped from 3 to 8. Feels like I'm sending in negative WUs.
    "Mr President, you have big balls" - Dominica prime minister Eugenia Charles to Ronald Reagan after the invasion of Grenada, 1983

"We win and they lose. What do you think of that?" - Ronald Reagan, 1977