Thread: Laptop doesn't see wired LAN

e55346

Question Laptop doesn't see wired LAN

Running XP Home on laptop with Linksys WPC11 PCCard and WAP11 Wireless Access Point. This is attached to the Linksys 4 port router with 2 other boxes wired (one running XP Home the other ME). The 2 wired boxes communicate to each other fine and can see the laptop. My laptop, however, can access the internet without a problem but cannot see the other 2 computers on the LAN. I have the subnets all set the same as well as the workgroups. I can ping the 2 wired computers from the laptop on a command line but windows doesn't see it. I would appreciate any help anyone can give me.

I had the exact same problem (with the exception of the wireless) and the guys here helped me fix it by adding Netbeui and removing TCP/IP from the Network Components list. Also insure Client for Microsoft Networks is installed. That did it for me. Hope this helps.
    ASUS Rampage IV Formula Intel X-79 Chipset SATA 6.0 Gb/sec USB 3.0 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 3730K Sandy Bridge-E LGA 2011 @ 3.8 GHz (Turbo)
    16GB Corsair Vengeance (4x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz
    2x EVGA GeForce GTX580 Classified Ultra 3072MB in SLI
    2x Western Digital Caviar 500GB HDD
    Samsung 16x DVD-Burner
    Lite-On DVD-ROM
    PC Power and Cooling 1200W PSU
    Silverstone Raven RV01 Case
    Samsung 22" Widescreen Monitor @ 1920x1080

e55346

Talking Thanks

Thank you very much. Simply by installing the netBEUI protocol my computer instantly saw the other computers and had the printer all setup. Thank you and those who helped you.