Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: radeon 8500 or ti500

jim a

radeon 8500 or ti500

which is better between the two it seems the radeon is more powerfull but unstable drivers please help

Both about equal.. although in my opinion the 8500 has the potential to surpass the ti500 with the refinement of the drivers etc etc... but one can only hope... From a right now stand point I would purchase the Ti500.

ииии

ииии

Well I own a Radeon 8500 and from my experiance this card is rock solid. The Drivers right now have only minor glitches that will be worked out shortly. But the nVidia cards have their problems as well with their drivers. From my stand point of view currently the cards are the same. The 8500 is just a hundred bucks less. But in the future with new drivers and games I see the 8500 being a real winner.

Bob
    "To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the Gift."--Steve Prefontaine

Radeon 8500 Hardware is Superior to the GF3 Ti 500

However the Drivers STILL aren't completely taking advantage of it. Whereas NVIDIA drivers ARE completely taking advantage of the GF3 Ti 500.

Because of that the GF3 Ti 500 is at it's limit, that's pretty much as FAST as it's gonna get, save for compatibility/game fix's in future driver versions. However the Radeon 8500 has much room to grow. It has the potential to get much faster with better drivers since it's hardware is already superior to the GF3.

However the question is how much time will it take, and will it be soon enough?

The GeForce4 will Officially be announced and on the shelves and reviews will be flooding out on February 6th. Feb. 6th the NDA is lifted and the flood gates will be lifted about the GeForce4.

I currently have all GeForce4 documentation, and can tell you this, When the GeForce4 comes out it will be faster then any other video card out there right now for gamers. It will highly surpass the Radeon 8500 in terms of driver effenciency and raw performance in games.

There will be differenct levels of course, the MX flavors with 64MB of DDR and the 2 high end models with 128MB DDR. That is really all I can tell you without breaking the NDA.

All I can say is hold off, wait a week or two and see how things develop.

And also don't count ATI out yet, the R300 might be someting interesting to keep an eye out for.
    "Would you mind not standing on my chest, my hats on fire." - The Doctor

listen to Brent belive me you can listen to others opinions but brent has made good reviews for those cards so he has tried both cards and others have only tried one of those 2 cards ( NO OFFENSE )
    When everything Fails, FORMAT C: solves it all....

Originally posted by MAmuT
    listen to Brent belive me you can listen to others opinions but brent has made good reviews for those cards so he has tried both cards and others have only tried one of those 2 cards ( NO OFFENSE )
    lmao...

ииии

ииии

Floating down a river of Dingleberry Juice
    Originally posted by PING

lmao...
    (Being the follower that I am)

LMAO...

(What am I laughing at again?)
    MSI 845 Ultra-ARU
    p4 1.8a @ 47 BILLION
    radeon8500 (4 HS's)
    2 80gig WD se's raid0/120gig WD
    30gigWD/15gigMaxtor/1.2gig WD
    512megs corsair pc3000xms

NAH come on ..........................
    When everything Fails, FORMAT C: solves it all....

Advanced Member
    Well Brent, I wouldn't say that NVidia's drivers are taking advantage totally. There will always be room for improvement for both cards. The Radeon 8500 is pretty stable for me. Most of the unstability problems are because the person couldn't get it to work right and are very STUPID. If you're coming from a NVidia card, they forget to remove the drivers and do a clean install. Same with any card for that matter. I say get the Radeon 8500 and with the money you save, get some more components.

Advanced Member
    How much money are you looking to spend and what do you actually plan to do?

jim a
    i dont care about money and i just play nascar racing on and off line i want the best frames with all the eyecandy

Originally posted by jim a
    i dont care about money and i just play nascar racing on and off line i want the best frames with all the eyecandy

then get a geforce 3 ti 200 that will do that for u

when is the R300 supposed to come out?

If money really is no concern then wait for the high end Geforce4 It'll be on sale officially Feb. 6th and hopefully on shelves soon, you can order it online in a few days....

What manufactuers will be releasing in the next few days brent??? Or was that a joke??
    Sp3cifications
    ------------------------------------------------
    Processor : Athlon XP 1900+ / FOP-38 @ 53CFM
    Motherboard : Asus A7V266-E KT266A
    Memory : Samsung 512mb PC2100 DDR Ram.
    Graphics : Leadtek Geforce 4 ti4400 @ 310/670
    Storage1 : IBM 40Gb 60GXP 7200rpm
    Case: Cheiftec Dragon DX-01BD Black
    3D Mark 2001 Score : 10,730

Originally posted by MartialArtist12
    Well Brent, I wouldn't say that NVidia's drivers are taking advantage totally. There will always be room for improvement for both cards. The Radeon 8500 is pretty stable for me. Most of the unstability problems are because the person couldn't get it to work right and are very STUPID. If you're coming from a NVidia card, they forget to remove the drivers and do a clean install. Same with any card for that matter. I say get the Radeon 8500 and with the money you save, get some more components.
    Yeah, things can be improved, always. But for the most part NVIDIA hit their wall with the Det. 4 drivers, you aren't going to see any 20fps improvements, heh. They are at their limit, trust me. The next thing they are doing is now concentrating on getting the most performance out of the GF4, of course all drivers are unified so they will still work with cards from the TNT and Up.

The Radeon 8500 is good, and does have room for growth. THe problem is how long is it going to take? ATI doesn't exactly have the worlds best driver team as we've come to know. They are slow to release drivers, and are totally against Leaks (which has HELPED NVIDIA greatly BTW). The GF4 will be announced this week, and it will be faster then the Radeon 8500 in everything. Those are the facts that cannot be denied.

OMG I need to go more places than just this forum Hard OCP have everything on the geforce 4 in there forums. I haven't even saved for this card yet and it's going to be out in a few days!! If I wait till April do you think the prices will have dropped.

It will be mine oh yes it will.
    Sp3cifications

yes by all means go other places, to other sites, draw your own conclusions

i can tell you, the GF4 is all that in terms of performance

though not revolution, certainly evolutionary

the NV30 will revolutionary with rumored 3dfx/gigapixel tech

Originally posted by wip3out
    OMG I need to go more places than just this forum Hard OCP have everything on the geforce 4 in there forums. I haven't even saved for this card yet and it's going to be out in a few days!! If I wait till April do you think the prices will have dropped.

http://www.chip.de/artikelbilder/1604078_7ba6abd96a.jpg
    It will be mine oh yes it will.
    The very high end has an option TWIN DVI ports! And then it comes with an adapter, like ATI, to make one of the DVI ports a regular VGA port, so you can FINALLY run DUAL DIGITAL LCD's!!!!!!11111111111

I'm going to wait until all the reveiws have been concluded until I buy my Geforce 4 it's gonna cost me a lot of cash and I want to make sure I get the best card for my money.

Asus have always had a good reputation but I'm not sure whether it justifies their higher prices. I'll probably get a gainward or a visiontek. What do you think Brent?? The Price is looking like it's going to be about 560 dollars!!!!
    Sp3cifications