Thread: ok Optimizer installed heres the info.

ok Optimizer installed heres the info.

TCP options string = 020405b40103030201010402

MTU = 1500
    MTU is fully optimized for broadband.

MSS = 1460
    Maximum useful data in each packet = 1460, which is equal to MSS.

Default Receive Window (RWIN) = 256960
    RWIN Scaling (RFC1323) = 2 bits
    Unscaled Receive Window = 64240
    RWIN is a multiple of MSS
    Other values for RWIN that might work well with your current MTU/MSS:
    513920 (MSS x 44 * scale factor of 8)
    128480 (MSS x 44 * scale factor of 2)
    64240 (MSS x 44)

bandwidth * delay product:
    Your RcvWindow limits you to: 10278.4 kbps (1284.8 KBytes/s) @ 200ms
    Your RcvWindow limits you to: 4111.36 kbps (513.92 KBytes/s) @ 500ms

MTU Discovery (RFC1191) = ON

Time to live left = 51 hops
    TTL value is ok.

Timestamps (RFC1323) = OFF

Selective Acknowledgements (RFC2018) = ON

IP type of service field (RFC1349)= 00000000

That's the TCP/IP analyzer results now with optimizer installed. I do not know if I need to enable "faster loading of web pages". What does this change as opposed to the standard settings and will that setting effect other activities one way or the other like downloads or gaming?

My speed tests were 865 down/120 up pre-optimizer at 5:30AM EST and 820 down/117up at 5:40AM EST after optimizer (average speeds of 3 tests) The results don't say much because I had to use a different server at DSLR to test after the optimizer due to the one I started with being busy. I have to leave for work but I'll see if this helped my dismal download speeds of 35 KB/sec reported by IE from Happy Puppy pre-optimizer tonight or tommorow morning. Where do I go from here?

Panama City, FL and a FAN of Dale Earnhardt Jr. Bud Chevy & NASCAR , and the Atlanta Braves
    First select custom settings, LAN Speedup=yes, loads pages faster

Change Tcp Receive Window to one of these 1 at a time, apply settings, REBOOT each time you change number, try:

51100, 64240, 513920, 522680 or 524176

Test here

Select site nearest you although Dallas test is good

Couple questions/problems Lobo.

First I can't get my network adapter to "stick" in the selection box. Whenever I reboot and check the "current settings" button it holds my dial up adapter in the box rather than the NIC card. Do I need to select either of the modify buttons underneath the adapter selection? (ie...don't modify network adapters or modify all network adapters) Or is this how it should be for my cable setup?

Second it is not giving me the option to change lan speedup currently. All I get is a greyed out box for Lan speedup with default as the "unchangeable" selection.

I am running ME.

Panama City, FL and a FAN of Dale Earnhardt Jr. Bud Chevy & NASCAR , and the Atlanta Braves
    Select custom settings, modify all network adpaters and select adapter you use, then other settings at top, LAN speedup=yes, this will affect nothing but faster loading of web pages, apply changes, REBOOT

Try RWIN's above again

Ok thx for the light speed response I'll get on that and i'll let you know how it goes.

Ok I left everything at default settings for now. I still can't get the network adapter to stick. When I do as you said I apply, then reboot and then I see in the optimizer window that it still says "dial up adapter", the network adapter dosn't seem to stick for me. In turn it won't allow me to change the Lan Speedup setting either, I still get only a greyed out box. I went ahead with some tests for the heck of it.

For the tests I did 3 tests, for each RWIN, at the link you gave me to speakeasy, the dallas POP as you reccomended. I averaged them out and got some results. I noticed with the higher RWINs my upload speed seemed to average out to a lower number. Anyways I performed the tests at 6:45 PM through till 7:20 PM EST so I think I am getting whacky results because of traffic. I'm going to try to get up early tommorow before work and redo the tests at around 4:30-5:30AM or so to get steadier results. Tonight they just went all over the charts one test would yield 1300 down then the next would read 460 down, that has to be basic traffic, so hopefully tommorow morning will be more "fruitful"

Redownload Optimizer right on top of other, it will just overwrite it, is Cablenut installed, when you select a adapter in box it changes only that adapter, it does not matter what it opens up too

You can uncheck modify all adapters

Question Don't Understand

I was just reading forum and ran across this thread, thought I would check out my settings. I too am unable to change the Lan Speedup box. You also say to uncheck modify all adapters. I don't have this. You are talking about Optimizer? My Lan Speedup (that I can't change) just says default, is that yes?

You have to check custom settings to change LAN speedup, do you have newesr Optimizer, this one has only been out a few days, if not just download on top of old one, it will overwrite

Question Still can't change

I downloaded new Optimizer, just as you said. Still can't change LanSpeed. In my dropdown menu, I have 2 listings for my Ethernet Card. Is this correct?

Yes thats right, but if you choose cable at top and custom settings you should be able to apply LAN speedup in other settings box, if not tell them in 1st thread please, apply settings at bottom if it works, mine does

Download SG Optimizer to your desktop, select connection type at top, select optimal settings at bottom, click on apply changes at very bottom and REBOOT
    If you wish to enter custom TCP recieve window select custom settings at bottom, enter what you wish, click on apply changes at bottom and REBOOT.
    If using Cablenuts adjuster too, you must first bring up adjuster, click on clear all boxes at bottom and reboot, then download and install optimizer.
    If you want faster loading of web pages select custom settings at bottom, other settings at top, LAN Speedup=yes, apply changes at very bottom. REBOOT
    Select adapter you are using
    Optimizer in signature

The Optimizer is not out of Beta yet. Philip is still trying to get a few bugs out of the MTU settings for the NIC/Adapters. That is likely why you are seeing that the NIC MTU's are not sticking.
    It is lot of work, so progress is slow, but the bugs will get worked out.

OOOH the humanity! Hi ya'll. So being the dedicated tweaker that I am I stumble out of bed almost an hour early (which is a big feat when your taking that hour off of 4:30AM to begin with). I brush my teeth, grab some super powered maxwell house and I even get a nice big cinnamon roll. Hit my links to get over to my favorite testing site (speakeasy) and BOOM can't connect to it...DSLR they are ok but after 4 test they kick you off, not good when I need to check6 different RWINs. So guess my tweaking will have to hold off till another day...SIGH

Maybe it was that cowboy coffee (cowboy coffee=so strong a fork will stick straight up in it, thick) any way Speakeasy works here, and there is LAN speed up patch on patch page for 9x, ME, called Web patch