Suggestions?
    AVG 6.0

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

i use norton av 2002
    "Would you mind not standing on my chest, my hats on fire." - The Doctor

Originally posted by Brent
    i use norton av 2002

Sorry, I dont have $50

R there any known conflicts between AVG 6.0/Anti-Viri 9/Norton System Works 2000 and Inoculate.

Because I had them all installed, and whenever my comp started it up it crashed....

Obviously, 4 Virus Scanners will create some havoc , as I intended to only check them out, and then delete two of them (I will always use Norton System Works).

I have been using Inoculate for 6 months, and have had no problems. But when I installed AVg 6.0, it kept crashing my comp. Does AVG and Norton have any conflict issueS? thx.

Originally posted by Blitz
    R there any known conflicts between AVG 6.0/Anti-Viri 9/Norton System Works 2000 and Inoculate.

Because I had them all installed, and whenever my comp started it up it crashed....

Obviously, 4 Virus Scanners will create some havoc , as I intended to only check them out, and then delete two of them (I will always use Norton System Works).

I have been using Inoculate for 6 months, and have had no problems. But when I installed AVg 6.0, it kept crashing my comp. Does AVG and Norton have any conflict issueS? thx.
    run one and thats it...I suggest either AVG or InnoculateIt as they do the job...Norton doesn't pick up eveything and it isn't free.
    Running all that crap at the same time IS going to cause some problems. What do you need System works for anyway?

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Emerald Triangle looking for EA and some trainwreck!
    What operating system??

I use Win 98 1st Edition.

I like some of the proggies on Norton System Works, like Win Doctor and Cleansweep.

I have decided to stick with Inoculate, as I have been using it for several months now....

Blog Entries

Cool

Hi Blitz

I use 98SE also

I used InnoculateIt for 14 months or so and switched to AVG with InnoculateIt as backup, No problems

I also have System Suite 3 on my Machine and itto has an AntiVirus that i run every month, No Conflicts or problems at all.

I like AVG if i had to pick just one.

All 3 are good though, with updates every 3 days or so now, it seems at times daily.

One tip i did get was to shut off Heauristic Scan on all as it's a resource hog

regards

minir

I like PC-CILLIN....they also offer a free check at antivirus.com

Rainbow

Win98 1st edition here too on a P2.

IPE and AVG both running at full speed.

AVG will usually get to anything ahead of IPE but the updates are so much more regular in IPE.

The E-Trust AV is InnoculateIT PE so no need to upgrade if you already have IPE and want to take up Computer Associates offer to upgrade. They use the same update files for both programs.

If I were to choose one only, it would be AVG. (Croc in Gomer Pyle voice...."surprise...surprise".)

I would differ from minir about Heuristic Scanning. AV programs have them for a reason and I have it running, on both. Depends on your level of paranoia.

As for running four AV programs, well that's sorta asking for file conflict problems in a big way. The only way to use that set up is through a Program Manager for AV programs. This will allow all these to scan but only one would be avtive all the time. There is really no need to have 4 though. Set your own paranoia level at high and use 2.

Croc.
    Croc.
    It will be long, it will be hard and there will be no withdrawal.
    Winston Churchill
    Remember: Wherever you go in life, you take yourself with you.