Thread: Making .WAV files out of mp3s and audio cd`s- how?

Making .WAV files out of mp3s and audio cd`s- how?

I want to make wavs out of songs i own so i can use parts of them as samples in my own music, but I`m having trouble doing it. I found a wav-out plug-in in winamp, but i don`t know how to use it. Unlike the .wma-out plugin, it doesn`t even seem to have a directory selector so i can state where i want the .wav to go, much less a start button to make it.
    When i try to open an audio cd from my cd-rom, it identifies the tracks as .cda files, only 1KB in size each!
    my computer doesn`t have net access, so i can`t peruse the net and download software easily, but i can go in and out and put something on a floppy at a net cafe if i need to. any suggestions?

IN WinAmp's Options, select Output, then the WaveOut plug-in. Then play the file you want to convert. I don't know where it stores it though - do a search - *.wav then sort by Modified.

An easier way is to use MusicMatch Jukebox - I believe the unregistered version is free. It has a converter that you can use to convert from mp3 to wav then back again, at different compression rates.

www.musicmatch.com

There's other software that'll do it too - search around.

d

use the
    "Disk Writer Plugin"

Hi Jaaay

To add to Bala's post.....Open winamp...

goto Properties/Output Plugins...Highlight the Diskwriter plugin.

Then hit configure at the bottom. This will let you select a folder to write your wav. to.

Then simply play your mp3. You'll not hear it play but you can watch the progress. Winamp is fast and as accurate as it gets for conversion from mp3 to wav.

There used to be software floating around the net that used to let you see those cda files on your audio cd as wavs. You could then rip them.

Do you have a burner? It should have come with ripping software to extract the audio file from your cd.

If not, try EAC. As far as I'm concerned, it's the best ripper on the planet.

You can find EAC here..
    http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

And a tutorial here.....
    http://www.ping.be/satcp/tutorials.htm

It looks somewhat hard to configure but really it's a cakewalk.

Thanks guys, three great solutions on 3 posts! I love the new music match and winamp works great now. Don`t have a burner, but my favourite bartender just got a laptop and he`s grumbling about errors on his cd`s, so that burner software should interest him. I get a lot of free drinks because of the advice I get him from Speedguide

ok the best and easiest way to do it is getting MP3WORKS its free and very easy to use you install it and then you only need to select the mp3s files like you do when you are going to move windows files and make right click and select convert to wav or mp3 pretty easy after that get a burner and some CD-R ( NOT CD-RW) and play them on your car : ) .

oh i got that from www.downloads.com

if you want i cant send it to you its just 882KB if the answer is yes give me your email k cya
    When everything Fails, FORMAT C: solves it all....

SG Enthusiast
    I use the freeware MP3 2Wav from here - jsut scroll down for it. thee are other goodies there to but not free.
    http://www.mp3fe.com/ieindex.html

i like cdex, its pretty cool, downhill uses another one, i gotta try his sometime

Cdex is an excellent ripper. I like EAC for scratched CD's.

I've taken some that won't play on anything and ripped it with EAC and viola...new cd.