Thread: may skip the blowholes on my 1030

may skip the blowholes on my 1030

case door:

right around the handle is where the HSF sits and so i cant get a 120mm fan on it, so i decided i'm gonna use a drill and bit and cut small vent like holes in the case where the delta can get more air quicker if needed, heres an edited pic of what i want, though in real life i'll try harder at keeping the pattern even

interesting

if there was anyone one blowhole location that I would skimp on it would probably be the top exhaust fan first and then the side panel fan

I'm partial to massive front intake and rear exhaust.
    What's the most expensive purchase you've made on your miles/reward credit card? Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card Application

the door handle gets in the way of my blowhole placement, and as far as teh top one, no current plans for one. would be nice but it wont be needed.

thinging about it now though i could make little holes with a small drill bit in teh shape of a devils head or something.

oooh oooh oooh!!!!!

hinges for the door!!!!

yeah baby!

Originally posted by YARDofSTUF
    the door handle gets in the way of my blowhole placement, and as far as teh top one, no current plans for one. would be nice but it wont be needed.

thinging about it now though i could make little holes with a small drill bit in teh shape of a devils head or something.
    hmm, not sure if you misunderstood me or not

but to clarify, i would recommend concentrating on front intake and rear exhaust before side panel intake and/or top exhaust

If I was you, I would probably do a window in this shape around the door

//EDIT - vb didn't hanld spaces in ascii drawing
    //2nd edit - found a nice example

//

* = where handle would be

And then put two low dba 80mm fans with grilles in the window over your agp card to blow over the ramsinks which I think you have if I remember correctly.

For the cpu, i would just to good hsf and then rely on a strong air current from front intake accross mobo (some of it getting to cpu) and then out the rear exhaust

would be a sweet setup

then just run all the fan leads (if you do fans in the side panel make sure to leave molex plugs on so you can detach when opening case) to the area under your hdd rack and wire a small fanbus using a european style terminal block strip

works like a charm
    Last edited by el bob; 01-20-02 at 12:45 AM.
    What's the most expensive purchase you've made on your miles/reward credit card? Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card Application

no windows on this case, with 2 crappy sunons in the case i get 24C case temps, with 4 53cfm 80mm fans it should be even nicer

no windows on this case, with 2 crappy sunons in the case i get 24C case temps, with 4 53cfm 80mm fans it should be even nicer
    why no windows?

aren't you proud of your hardware?

Uninsured for your health
    oooh oooh oooh!!!!!

hinges for the door!!!!

yeah baby!
    NO FAIR!!!!

The side panel, front, bottom, and top of my Lexan case were gunna be hinged together...only the right side and the back will be fastened with the glue my dad's getting from a freind he used to work with...
    Quote Originally Posted by Three Rivers Designs
    America! Love it or give it back!

Originally posted by CiscoCert

NO FAIR!!!!

The side panel, front, bottom, and top of my Lexan case were gunna be hinged together...only the right side and the back will be fastened with the glue my dad's getting from a freind he used to work with...
    why so "hinged?"