Thread: OK, dunno what I'm doing wrong, but can't get pics posted.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England

OK, dunno what I'm doing wrong, but can't get pics posted.

I've done this before, or perhaps at least on other forums, but cannot figure what I'm doing wrong here.

Posting pictures in ones threads here....how to do so?

Suggestion for easiest site to hold the pics?
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

The best place for hosting your pics is probably the free space your ISP provides you with. There are some free ones online too, others have posted them in the past. I don't know any off hand.
    Most free hosts don't allow storing of pics for this type of use, but there are a few who do.

Try This Link for the syntax needed to post pics in the forums here. Scroll down to the "Adding Images"

What I have found to be the main reason pics don't show up when posted is the spelling, and/or uppercase/lowercase mistakes in the URL, and/or filename.

Hope this helps
    Norm

Tnx, I tried a week or so ago, following what it said on the link you threw up....all I got in my post was the URL itself...you could click on it, and it would take you to the pic I linked it to.

I'll give a try again laidher....Tnx!
    Guinness for Strength!!!

There is an option in your User CP >Edit Options to check "yes", If checked "no" you'll get the URL instead of the pic.
    You may have set it to no when you joined, better check it.

Show image attachments and [img] code in Posts? yes/no

That should do it.
    Last edited by Norm; 01-12-02 at 04:15 PM.

ain't that hard..

there's an IMG button? wth...

all this time I've been typing it out...

[.img][./img]

take dots out of course..

That's what I thought, I was doing that, all I get in my post is the link. And I double checked what Norm said to check....it's setup with the radio button on "Yes"....
    Guinness for Strength!!!

hmmm...... is the link to the image you want to post the url link, or the image link? what i do is when i have found an image i want to post (whether it's hosted in my own webspace, or at another site), i right-click over the image, click "properties", then copy the image link (usually ends in .jpg or .gif or whatever) between the image tags mentioned above (can't post them as it wont show up as text if i type them verbatim.

as an example, here's an image i am hosting

try right-clicking the image and selecting properties. then try posting a reply here (or wherever) using the [open image tag]urllinktoimage.filetype[close image tag].

i think some sites won't allow direct linking to their images, but you can just copy and host them yourself and use that as the host source.

just a suggestion.

hey Faust wtf is that pic of?

Originally posted by BaLa
    hey Faust wtf is that pic of?
    Looks to be a CNC machine, hooked up to Autocad, or some other vector/graphics control software. Just a guess tho.
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.

yep. that one in particular is the guts of a CNC coil machine (it makes springs). there is an RS-232 controller port, but i just write the programs on the machine rather than on one of the CAD workstations networked with the hardcore machinery we have.

the "mainboard" is an ISA backplane with an ISA system card (233MHz Intel CPU, 32MB EDO RAM, VGA, UDMA 5 controller, PS/2 and the like all on one ISA card). the other cards are digital motion detectors/controllers. it runs DOS as an OS.

it's not as impressive as some of the really expensive win95-based CNC machines we have. but if the production manager saw me opening up one of the controllers on a $350,000 5-axis mill, he would have me tarred and feathered before he personally flogged me to within an inch of my life .