Thread: HP Photosmart 1115 Inkjet Printer

HP Photosmart 1115 Inkjet Printer

I'm thinking about getting an HP Photosmart 1115 Inkjet Printer because my HP Deskjet 670C just isn't cutting it anymore. I use my printer quite a bit as well as my digital camera. I just wan to know if anyone has one or knows soembody who does and finds it an awesome printer! Thanks...

http://products.hp-at-home.com/produ...?id=C8639A&j=0

Also, would be worth to invest in this one instead?:

http://products.hp-at-home.com/produ...?id=C8401A&j=0

Well I don't know anyone that has either of thos but the 1215 looks sweet!, 16mb mem... yummy

Even though the 1215 prints less color per min it bet it's quality .. very nice quality. I love HP printers, I've had a Deskjet 820cse for over 5 years and not one thing wrong with it since I bought it.

You have any place you can get print test's of these? Here in US @ Staples you can test the quality of most of the printers and compare.

Why get the photosmart line of printers? Do you really need the flash memory slots? Most of the time I like to edit my pictures, maybe crop or adjust the contrast/brightness. So that would defeat the purpose of having the slots if i'm going to bypass them anyway. You can get the hp 960c for the same price. prints a little faster i think.
    UNOFFICIAL THREAD-ENDER

Well, I can't edit them and send them to print? I'm not really sure what the difference is between the Deskjet and PhotoSmart are....maybe you can help me.

the major difference is just the flash memory slots of the photosmart line. They both have same printing resolution---"Photo Ret III" technology. I guess the hp photosmart 1115 wouldn't be a bad choice if u were to get one.
    UNOFFICIAL THREAD-ENDER

Yea, I did tons of research last night, there's really not much good sites out there that talk about printers It was hard but I decided to go with that one...I'll use my old printer when I print text....

I would say that the HP 970 CXi is more than enough for really high quality photo images ..

And also as old model now it will have a very sweet price if you find it in stock .

Another choice is the 990 CXi , equal quality to 970 CXi ,some extra futures like IRDA port , a bit more speedy .

The 1xxx series offer some extras like flash memory slot.

Personly i always like to have the total control in editing and printing images ..

HP has build the 1xxx series ,with the idea to make the life of the averige users in photo editing, a bit easyer .
    By this automate progress .

The revelution in photo quality printind ,had come with the HP 970CXi , and that was before a year time .

Now all the 9xx and 1xxx have top quality printing so we do not bother by searching for diferencys on this area .

The final word is yours .

Ya, I think I'm still going to go with the 1115 instead of the 990, they're both the same price, which makes it even harder to choose Thanks for the replies, by the way, when I did my research, they claim that the Epson Stylus series offers the best photo printing quality, kind of hard to believe

I have the HP PhotoSmart P1000

I paid $380 total for this little bugger a year ago!

but image quality on the printing is GOOOOOOD

and this printer is quiter then the deskjets and has less shaking, it's mucho cool printer
    "Would you mind not standing on my chest, my hats on fire." - The Doctor

...and I'm paying CAD$300 for mine...

The only litle negative with all the new HP printers is that HP suplys them with print heads that called economy ones .

In other word they have less ink ,than the ones that you will buy at the shops .

The diference is that if you use the printer with normal or not heavy use , the ink will keep you going for 1 year ..

If you buy new printheads , they will last for all most 2 years .

But if your name is Brent , i do not think that even the big heads will last you more than 8 months

Ya, I noticed it came with ink, and reviews said that the quality is still there if you use the ink that came with it. However, I just checked the Web site of the place I was going to buy it and it said they're out of stock, but I'm sure they have soem in the store. Not did I only noticed that but I also noticed this written; **Note: Ink and Printer cable not included** At HP's site, it says the ink is included but not the cable...There's a few more stores around here that I know has it so I'm not too worried yet...

BTW, does anyone know if it uses USB or Parallel? or both? which is better? thanks

USB connection is the best ,and the fastet ..

You printer does not have LPT cable , and yes HP does not give LPT cables with theyr printers ,but for sour they must have the USB one with the printer .

Check the printers carton box again ,spesialy the white protective cubes , they stuck alot of staff in litle holes inside them , if you see any type of carton on them , take it out .

Just for your best interest , download the latest drivers from it .

Some times the USB connection of the HP printers can be tricky .

The latest drivers from HP gives better support ,and easyer installation .