Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What would you do to improve SG?

What would you do to improve SG?

Granted, this should be in the feedback forum, but hey, not a lot of people go there. So I hope the mods won't mind this. Also, could you please sticky this so that all the members here can express their ideas as well as mention this thread in the tech forums so that they will have their say too?

Well, for me, a different layout would be a shot in the arm for SG, more graphics but still easy for 56kers. Also, SG needs to update more, and I am already working on something. As well, SG could benifit from expanding the topics from networking and tweaking to computers as a whole while still covering tweaking as their main topic?
    Live to chase your dream...

Detroit, Michigan Internet: Comcast Narrowband
    I offered to do a review on the Netgear RP114 4 port router, the 4 port linksys switch and my MSI K7T266A Pro2 RU, but cant due to no camera
    Work: DQ
    Comp: AXP 1600+, MSI K7T266a Pro2 RU, 512MB PC2100, GF3 Ti200 128MB

I'd consider a beefed up reg process. Make it a bit harder, so's the nimrods that only wanna cause trouble won't make that effort. That, and all y'all send me money.
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.

You can always use the pictures that the company provides on their website... or use neweggs picture. Ask for permission is all you really needed.

give us image sigs back and brembo has the right idea send me some cash too. I'd be willing to host the sig image myself so sg doesn't have to if I could actually use it.

I'd like sig images back. I think it sux that we have to suffer because they always get abused. There is always one person with a 1MB sig pic

Last year John did us the favor, and alot of people were grateful and respected the sig sizes.

I say, warn them once, if they dont listen ban them for a few months. I mean its no big deal makin your sig smaller.

#2) Dont let banned people back. Sure you let many banned people back, thats cool as hell! But they were respectful and waited out their ban
    Last edited by CoolJ; 01-04-02 at 08:15 PM.
    ** Speed 3370(down)/425(up) kbps **
    My IROC-Z28

right on coolj, like I said i'd even be willing to host it myself.

Overall SG is fine, but I guess anysite/thing has room for improvement.

I remember coming here a while back to learn aboput tweaking, and enjoyed the detailed explanations along with the tweaks.

I'd like to see detailed writeups for the Win2K and XP tweaks, and what settings in the registry they affect, and why.
    SG was the best place to learn the in's and out's of tweaking, but doesn't seem to have kept up with the latest OS's TCP reg tweaks as far as ALL the options go.

Let's get back to the roots, and explain the reg tweaks for broadband speed in the ole laymans terms

Originally posted by Norm
    Overall SG is fine, but I guess anysite/thing has room for improvement.

I remember coming here a while back to learn aboput tweaking, and enjoyed the detailed explanations along with the tweaks.

I'd like to see detailed writeups for the Win2K and XP tweaks, and what settings in the registry they affect, and why.
    SG was the best place to learn the in's and out's of tweaking, but doesn't seem to have kept up with the latest OS's TCP reg tweaks as far as ALL the options go.

Let's get back to the roots, and explain the reg tweaks for broadband speed in the ole laymans terms
    I noticed that too and contacted Philip about it a while ago too.

btw, CoolJ, clean out those PMs.

Somewhere drinking like its going out of style.
    I say, let me mod Gen forum.

Also let sig images back, with me as mod, NO ONE WILL GET RETARDED!

Oh did I say give us sig images?

Front page, I'm sorry, I never really look at it everynow and then, but mostly I come here for the forums

Did I mention sigs Images?

Oh and please don't ban me

kthx. Off for the scavenger hunt woooo

On second thought, I'd take silver out back and give him a good, through beatin. Thats a BIG improvement.

Originally posted by brembo
    On second thought, I'd take silver out back and give him a good, through beatin. Thats a BIG improvement.
    Dude, you gotta stop. It's gettin to the point of whenever I see the name brembo, I start laughing before I even read the response.

Originally posted by blebs99

Dude, you gotta stop. It's gettin to the point of whenever I see the name brembo, I start laughing before I even read the response.
    Oh now I'm some sorta clown now eh? Well, if thats the case, let me get this makeup off and we'll step outside and settle this like proper carnival roadies.

Originally posted by brembo

Oh now I'm some sorta clown now eh? Well, if thats the case, let me get this makeup off and we'll step outside and settle this like proper carnival roadies.
    Well if it weren't for you and a handful of others, with your style of posting, I don't know if I would laugh at all!

Well if we ban philip that would be a good start...lol j/k

My suggestion would to write some XP articles/walkthroughs for optimizing performance and suck... kinda like www.XP-eriance.org has up.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Devil
    Tolerance is a virtue, not a requirement.
    SG Theme Song

Originally posted by EvilAngel
    My suggestion would to write some XP articles/walkthroughs for optimizing performance and suck... kinda like www.XP-eriance.org has up.
    I would agree with this 110%. I don't know anything about XP and that's all I'm hearing about. Why did the world have to change, when I couldn't change with it?

i wonder why philip doesn't do more on the site, like daily news updates and writting articles and posting more on the forums

his day job is now SG, that's all he does, but i never see him around or doing anything on the front end, hrmmmmm
    "Would you mind not standing on my chest, my hats on fire." - The Doctor

Mississauga, Ontario , Canada. Behaviour : Good
    my suggestion is to ban anyone that disagrees.. or does not suck up to the mods... that way we will have a goood site..

Tucson, Arizona Processor: GenuineIntel Member #4896
    *cough* server busy *cough*...

I'd find a resident in california where they have the insane bandwidth, and host our own server, where storage and ram are no longer issues...
    If your browser can't read unicode, you should probably switch!

Originally posted by lord_yuri
    give us image sigs back and brembo has the right idea send me some cash too. I'd be willing to host the sig image myself so sg doesn't have to if I could actually use it.

hummm...who are you really? Image sigs have been gone for quite a while.