Thread: Is there a future?

Question Is there a future?

Is there such thing as a future? Besides growing up and becoming something that one has setted for one self. But does that really make it one's future by becoming something. Wouldn't one just be living in the present each day until one has successfully achevied what one has setted for one self? And if one had wanted to get something like a car or house and one said that "I will get that car in the future," would that be considered a future when one gets that car? I mean they would just be living in the present earning money until they had enough to get that car. So, is there such a thing as a future?
    *Space For Rent*

Re: Is there a future?

Originally posted by OptimusPrime
    Is there such thing as a future? Besides growing up and becoming something that one has setted for one self. But does that really make it one's future by becoming something. Wouldn't one just be living in the present each day until one has successfully achevied what one has setted for one self? And if one had wanted to get something like a car or house and one said that "I will get that car in the future," would that be considered a future when one gets that car? I mean they would just be living in the present earning money until they had enough to get that car. So, is there such a thing as a future?
    Yours is a question with many answers.

Detroit, Michigan Internet: Comcast Narrowband
    There will be no future. We're all gonna die tomorrow.

Ta ta
    Work: DQ
    Comp: AXP 1600+, MSI K7T266a Pro2 RU, 512MB PC2100, GF3 Ti200 128MB

stop it!! your making me head hurt.

I will try to anwser this as best I can.

There is a future. The future can be seen as an abstract sense, and a static point. For instance, if you say, "She will be mine, in the future", you are referring to the abstract, because you do not define 'the future'. However, if you say, "January 12, 5001 will be the new future for computing", then the future is a static point, as you have a sate date and plan. Wether that may come to pass is unsure, but there is a future.