Thread: Want to buy: K6-2, K6-3 processor, and old video cards

Want to buy: K6-2, K6-3 processor, and old video cards

I'm looking to upgrade my IBM aptiva....right now it's got 333mhz K62, 256mb of RAM, onboard sound/video, etc, etc.

I want a 500mhz K6-3 processor, but those seem hard to find, versus the 500mhz K6-2. If you have one for sale, or know where I could get one, that would be awesome.

Also, I want a better video card. I have 2 ISA slots, and 1 PCI slot. So like an old VooDoo 2 or something...would be cool, as All I would use this computer for is Internet, and older games, and then as a fileserver. so if you have an old video card you think would be good for this system, let me know, hopefully we can work something out.

There's a little store here in Minneapolis that has 'em. (the k6-2, at least)

General Nanosystems

I think you have to call them to order.
    Abit NF7, 2500+ o/c'd to 3200+, 1GB 3200 DDR, 9800Pro 128M, DVDrw, 80GB 8M, XPpro

Have you looked at I.T. XCHANGE? They have everything IBM.
    Old and new.
    I may be dumping my IBM Aptiva soon, If I do I'll let you know.

Re: Want to buy: K6-2, K6-3 processor, and old video cards

Originally posted by drdoug99
    I'm looking to upgrade my IBM aptiva....right now it's got 333mhz K62, 256mb of RAM, onboard sound/video, etc, etc.

I want a 500mhz K6-3 processor, but those seem hard to find, versus the 500mhz K6-2. If you have one for sale, or know where I could get one, that would be awesome.

Also, I want a better video card. I have 2 ISA slots, and 1 PCI slot. So like an old VooDoo 2 or something...would be cool, as All I would use this computer for is Internet, and older games, and then as a fileserver. so if you have an old video card you think would be good for this system, let me know, hopefully we can work something out.

he bro i have a voodoo for sale.....great cond.......
    and i also have a k6 if you are taking about amd i have a 500 mhz
    and a epox mother board also..

cool guys thanks for the replies.

I put a 550mhz K6-2 in there...made a HUGE difference, i was suprised.

Hypertest...if you still have the mobo and vid card, let me know what you want for them, and what's the exact model of the motherboard.

i have a geforce mx400 pci 64 mb nvidia vidoe card from my old system for sale only a month old, i got a new comp so its just sitting in my old one, i paid 89$ for it on usually about 99$ , works great allowed me higher resolution- 1024x768, very crisp ,

if u want to read up about it its a PNY geforce 64mb mx400 pci slot card, it has its own cooling fan , i had built in agp on mother board so all i had to do was
    disable the agp in bios, then selected the pci havent tried with a motherboard with a agp slot but sure that its somewhat similar.

i;ll take $60 for it - i pay shipping and ins, i still have original box etc too-
    Last edited by knightmare; 02-21-02 at 09:28 AM.

Thumbs up

Originally posted by knightmare
    i have a geforce mx400 pci 64 mb nvidia vidoe card from my old system for sale only a month old, i got a new comp so its just sitting in my old one, i paid 89$ for it on usually about 99$ , works great allowed me higher resolution- 1024x768, very crisp ,

if u want to read up about it its a PNY geforce 64mb mx400 pci slot card, it has its own cooling fan , i had built in agp on mother board so all i had to do was
    disable the agp in bios, then selected the pci havent tried with a motherboard with a agp slot but sure that its somewhat similar.

i;ll take $60 for it - i pay shipping and ins, i still have original box etc too-
    "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."

Bruce Lee

doug* i got a pci slot video card its a PNY nvidia geforce2 mx 400, 64 mb card just bought in nov, i got a new system with agp so its just sitting let me know if u want it and i;ll get back with you

lol i am losing it i didnt know i had replied already to this ad lol