Thread: >>help>>> Browser Slow Load

>>help>>> Browser Slow Load

I reinstalled my win98(i was stupid enough that i did back up files)
    Good installation and all that da, da, da. I set up my network settings like before I reinstalled. Restarted. Ran explorer and bam. The page loaded but stoped. Usually when there is 5-1 item remaining. This happens to all webpages I try to load.
    *NOTE* my settings are like the one I had before I reinstalled everything. I tried repairing IE. By the way I have IE 5.5. When I go to FTPs and download files there is no problem downloads range from 100KB/s-500KB/s. I have checked and rechecked many FTPs and many websites. >ALL< websites stop loading after it goes to 1-5 items remaining. This is getting very annyoing. Please someone help. AGAIN I have repaired my IE but no change.

Funny thing is that it stops loading exactly when its 5 items remaining and after that slows down then few minutes goes down to 3 then 2 then stops exactly at 1 and no more. Im also having trouble trying to download off websites but not FTPs.

THNX
    }{oVa

"Trying is the first step to failure." Homer Simpson

if you need to know my settings just ask. i really don't know what i should right but in explorer-internet options-connections-lan settings- all boxes unchecked
    }{oVa

Why use 5.5 when IE 6 performs better?

Tools - Internet Options - Connections - LAN Settings. Make sure there is nothing checked.

Go back to the General Tab, click on the Settings button. Make sure Never is checked and use about 15mbs for storage space.

Adding more...

Since you reinstalled Windows 98 (1st edition?) have you ran Microsoft Windows Update?

http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

or from IE, Tools - Windows Update.
    Linux. n: Appears on your hard drive when you realize how much Microsoft sucks.

i did not run windows update cause some links won't load.
    *NOTE* Before I did the reinstall I did not update my windows what so ever. I installed Win98 first edition Office2000 and it work. But after reinstall it doesn't. ????
    Im ganna reinstall everything again and see what happens
    }{oVa

Originally posted by SirTOKEaLOT
    i did not run windows update cause some links won't load.
    *NOTE* Before I did the reinstall I did not update my windows what so ever. I installed Win98 first edition Office2000 and it work. But after reinstall it doesn't. ????
    Im ganna reinstall everything again and see what happens
    Don't ask why:
    I have 2 computers that have no problems with Office 2000, my third hated it. Have you updated your Office 2000 files, there are many of them?
    Uninstall Office 2000 first and see what happens. If it is better go grap IE 6.0. Opera 6.0 is pretty cool to for surfing.
    Have Heart Will Fly!

Again let me say "MY PREVIOUS INSTALLATION I DID NOT UPDATE WINDOWS OR OFFICE". The incomplete webpage load did happen BEFORE my reinstall. Somehow I FIXED IT but FORGOT HOW TO. When I reinstalled I had forgot to backup stupid me). Anyways I think it has to do with my registry but do not know what to look for. For people who has theirs working fine please post your registry info on IE. Or if anyone knows a fix please post it.

THNX
    SirTOKEaLOT

P>S : I will try to update everything but like a said before the webpage doesn't load completely there by making it hard to download of them.
    }{oVa

I have tried my phone line connection and everything seems fine: loading webpages and downloading off them. But problem happens on cable modem. Also when I right click and try to install the sguide_tweak_98.inf it gives me an error saying "A device to this system is not functioning." HELP!

THNX
    }{oVa