Thread: Just bought 2 new pieces of hardware

Just bought 2 new pieces of hardware

Well, I finally decided to just get the MSI K7T266 Pro 2 RU for my MAIN system. Right now I have that Iwill XP333-R in there, and ya know what, it SUCKS. lol

It's got VERY nice features, a lot and I like that. But it just aint fast enough yet. That darned ALI chipset is holding it back big time. My mem scores just aren't good, plain and simple. Plus the BIOS lacks updates from IWILL, they just came out with a new bios finally the second one since the board has been released, and all it does is update some Micro Code, not any performance or changes or anything. It's a great board, but just isn't quite up to Enthusiasts/Freaks level yet.

I'll keep it unless someone wants to buy it

So I just ordered the new MSI board based on the KT266A chipset cause I like it a lot, it's GREAT in my review system so I'll build my main system around it. It should last a long while, and I can add all kinds of stuff around it.

And I also purchased the Lite On 24X CDRW. Yes i know the 32X is there and almost in stock, but I just don't need that speed to justify the price. I don't burn cd's THAT much to need a faster one. This one will do me fine.

Got all the stuff at Newegg, $223 total, not too bad. Can't wait for it all to get here so i can play some more
    "Would you mind not standing on my chest, my hats on fire." - The Doctor

Oh and of course I got the Sony DSC-P30 digital camera today also for christmas.

Very nice, can't wait until you tell us what new motherboard you get next week....

Originally posted by MagicMikey
    Very nice, can't wait until you tell us what new motherboard you get next week....
    HAHAHAHAHHAHA

i can tell you this, the moment an Abit, or Asus or MSI board based on the VIA KT333 chipset comes out, I is gettin one

Originally posted by Brent

HAHAHAHAHHAHA

i can tell you this, the moment an Abit, or Asus or MSI board based on the VIA KT333 chipset comes out, I is gettin one
    abit needs a 1/5 and 1/6 divider on there f*cking boards now!!! suns of bitches, tell them that! lol

i do like my kr7a tho, would like it better if i could break 1800mhz without breaking the realtek nic or the raid

Originally posted by Brent

HAHAHAHAHHAHA

Ya, you'll probably get all three and tell us about it like it's nothing....

Originally posted by YARDofSTUF

abit needs a 1/5 and 1/6 divider on there f*cking boards now!!! suns of bitches, tell them that! lol

i do like my kr7a tho, would like it better if i could break 1800mhz without breaking the realtek nic or the raid
    so does the Asus. LOL I do like it also. It does seem to overclock the fsb better than your abit.

Originally posted by downhill

so does the Asus. LOL I do like it also. It does seem to overclock the fsb better than your abit.
    what is ur PSU and NIC?

i have soo many limiting factors its not funny, but ths thign is gonna become a massive heatsink in a couple days!!!

I'm using an Antec 400 watt PSU that's puking on me. The 12 volt supply is fluncting and my 3 and 5 volt supply are not completly stable. I've a new supply comming from Antec.

I'm using a 3com nic card. Still, I can't get over 150 fsb before one of my burners seems to malfunction. I'l like that same divider option in my bios also. Temps don't seem to get higher than 55c at full load at a fsb of 149.

This Asus board reads higher than most for some reason. At least that's what I'm finding out on other sites.

the 3 com gives u no troubles though?

Nope, not at 150 anyway. I've not tried higher since things started crapping.

I've been as high as 147 with an 1800 DDR stick. LOL Long story how I ended up with it, but I have it.

I'm running at 145 with all three memory slots filled right now. I figured since I was clocklocked and couldn't get over 147 with that odd stick.......I just dropped it a few.

i think i'm about to drop a corsair, crucial, and centon stick into my leadtek sis ddr mobo and let it have some ram

Originally posted by MagicMikey

Ya, you'll probably get all three and tell us about it like it's nothing....
    heheh, actually i still have to buy most of my hardware

but since i start my new job next week i will have more money...