Thread: Charter Pipeline

Charter Pipeline

Anyone else out there using this isp? If so, post your experiences with them here. I think they may actually upgrade sometime soon in my area, not sure. (after flaming them for their speeds they should have enough reason to fix this 56k speed crap).

Never used charter tricklestraw cable,but seen it, it was like aol. They have alot of good tv channels though...hehe.
    Last edited by Phantom-Vortex; 12-12-01 at 08:27 AM.

::sigh:: DOH!

Lol, I love charter pipeline. Yes the download speeds are slow. I have a 768/256 transfer rate for 60 dollars a month. But I don't really use cable for downloading. I use it for gaming. The great thing about charter is that I'm in St. Louis and I ping 40-50 to almost ANY server! I mainly play quake 3, and I'm not limited to the east coast, west or south, because I ping 40-50 to dozens of servers across america. Not everyone can say that about their cable, so I'm happy to pay 60 bux for the medium speeds.

Charter here. 512/128 30$ a month. Pings are great. I reach my caps. I live in CT

I see people all the time complaining about Charter. I live in Worcester MA. To tell you the truth they aren't THAT bad. Yeah they might have an outage once and awhile but thats it. For 49.99 I get 1.5 down and 768 up. That is one of the highest upload caps I have ever seen for a cable co. My only fear is that when everyone starts getting on the network, will it bog down. I hope not. But so far the have been balancing the load just fine. That only thing that stinks is that they cap their download speed.

I have the silver package in the St Louis area (St Charles) and have been getting 700 t0 1100 kbps D/L and 140 to 179 U/L.

Pings have been great and web pages open fast....

They mat not be as fast D/L as @home but pings are twice as good and uploads are twice as fast.

Very stable...
    " free your mind,and your
    @ss will follow "

my area, they suck. i'm lucky if i can load a game w/ out timing out 45 or 50 bucks a month for 512/128. i see 260/30 according to dsl reports..where my @home used to rock.. i'm screwed.

Amro

Originally posted by jarablue
    I see people all the time complaining about Charter. I live in Worcester MA. To tell you the truth they aren't THAT bad. Yeah they might have an outage once and awhile but thats it. For 49.99 I get 1.5 down and 768 up. That is one of the highest upload caps I have ever seen for a cable co. My only fear is that when everyone starts getting on the network, will it bog down. I hope not. But so far the have been balancing the load just fine. That only thing that stinks is that they cap their download speed.

Charter in La is capped across the board at 128 on all packages, dl is capped at 2.0 and lucky to get that So here it sucks.I have seen it and my adsl is better on pings.Charter here is on a new system with the docsis crap and they say no hosting servers of any kind or your account will be terminated and the cost are from 33$ for 128\600 to 55$ for 128\2.0 so its horrible.

Tech support= ? and HAHAHA It boils down to location and here it sucks period.......so if you are getting 768 up your one damn lucky fella.

i gotta say that i am super disappointed with charter cable, my friends had it before i did, and they dled fast, sometimes they got over 100 kb a second, but when i ordered it, my maximum download is 30 kb a second, damnit, i hate charter, and yet they still find some way to cap my bandwidth even tho i bought a new modem

infinite28
    For those who are having problems with getting decent d/l speeds, have you tried increasing your Receive Window to a higher number like 32767 or 65535? If this is something that you havent tried yet there is a web site that can show you how to do it. http://cable-dsl.home.att.net/

I hope this will help someone...

petr0lb0mb

Thumbs up To hell with Charter!

I just dumped Chowder Poopline today after I hooked up my Directvdsl gateway. I was able to compare them side by side using two separate PC's at the same time.
    If you are reluctant to leave Charter (like I was), you need to look around and see how much better you could do for your money. I'm in Pasadena, CA about 5 miles from Cheater Pipeline's headquarters and my new DSL is still whoopin their asses.
    Average download for Pipesmokers is roughly 300-600 Kb/s
    Average download for Directvdsl is roughly 800-1200 Kb/s

BTW, I had just recieved a notice of ANOTHER rate increase from Charter... For WHAT???! The past rate increases sure as hell didn't get used for any expansion in my area.

See ya later, Suckas! (Charter... not you speed peeps)

Outty,
    petr0lb0mb

how much are u paying for directtv dsl? and those speeds are in kilobits right