Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Here "IT" is

12mph is the TOP speed, it doesn't mean you have to GO 12mph....

That's the point, you're not gonna go any faster than the crowd of people that's always on sidewalks. Doesn't sound faster or more convienent to me, especially since you're faced with the problem of what to do with it once you get there.

12mph is not too fast for sidewalk......as you come to a turn or something, you slow down as needed. 100mph is too fast for normal driving, yet we make cars and other vehicles that go 300mph +....for no reason at all than to go fast.

I could see myself buying one of these as prices drop.....it's the next step like big jim said.

Gonna use it in the rural area of Holland, Ohio?

I listed the plane as a revolutionary invention, as the potential for global travel was always there down the road. So much for that shot at me.

Get from point A to point B FASTER than walking, without the need for the size and costs of a car.
    Same thing could be said for a bike, which doesn't cost several thousand dollars I might add.

well, all i have to say is this...

though the technology could be classified as revolutionary, i think the public will only see it (the device) as evolutionary. we would use it as a way to get from point "a" to point "b", but not in a revolutionary way. bicycles, scooters, taxis, cars and the like have provided us with the same functionality for years.

just because something is a good idea (which i believe it is) doesnt guarantee its success. humans are fickle and can be "highly illogical" in the way they live their lives.

lets take Velcro as an example. the man that invented Velcro (and its process of manufacture) died penniless. at the time of its inception, fancy buttons were in style, and so majority of the fastener market was devoted to that even though the utilitarian advantages of Velcro far exceeded buttons.

look at Velcro now. its everywhere you turn.

i actually see the technology being used in other areas or industries before adults want to hop on a very expensive (yet very neat) scooter.
    "I think this day will go down as a black day in the history of mankind"

-Leo Szilard - December 2, 1942, following the first successful nuclear fission test.

Originally posted by jz

Same thing could be said for a bike, which doesn't cost several thousand dollars I might add.
    You forget. We live in a lazy country, populated with lazy citizens. Why bike when you can just stand and scoot around with virtually no effort?

I'm hard pressed to think of a product more destined for failure...XFL comes close, though.

Originally posted by jz
    I'm hard pressed to think of a product more destined for failure...XFL comes close, though.
    Knowing you, I'm surprised you didn't say the XBOX...

Originally posted by jz
    Gonna use it in the rural area of Holland, Ohio?
    Yep....LOL, most likely not....as any area worthy of going to takes a lot longer than that mere scooter could travel.

Don't get me wrong BJS, X-Box will fall into mediocrity before 2003, but this scooter won't even taste the initial success X-Box has. You forget, America is all about image, and riding around on a scooter isn't good for your image.

The only practical use I see for this is transportation for the elderly or injured.

Id use it to take me too and from school. I think it would have a big advantage for me because everything is within 5 miles from me.
    Originally posted by UnitedWeStand Don't go walking up to her and say "I just had a vasectomy wanna celebrate?
    Originally posted by EvilAngel Actually Kitten just got the sonagram done and the doc thought it was twins at first, but soon realized that it was the boys pen1s laying next to him....lol
    Said by XSeanX on AIM I wish girls were a lot easier
    Originally posted by Needlefreak May the fleas of a thousand taliban camels feast happily on your lower region..
    Originally posted by Jim Heart attack on a bun?

this actually reminds me of a joke i heard a few years back....

Q: you know what the difference is between a scooter and a fat chick?

A: its great until your freinds see you riding one.

times have changed since then, but i guess we shall see.
    "I think this day will go down as a black day in the history of mankind"

-Leo Szilard - December 2, 1942, following the first successful nuclear fission test.

Blog Entries
    Anyone ever hear of Edsel? Just a thought
    ------
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

Blog Entries

Cool

Hi BIGJIMSLATE

Guy's

Thanks BIGJIMSLATE

No doubt it will find a market in many industrial applications. It won't take much i'm sure to add a little trailer to it to make it more serviceable.

Inside warehouses, places with sunny climes etc.

no pollution, no parking probs etc will help it sell.

It will no doubt lead to other designs that will be more functional.

No doubt it will survive and make a bundle for someone.

Revolutionary in some ways, a major step for mankind, no, imho.

regards

minir

Questions:

How many do you think they'll sell to college kids?
    (I bet a lot)

How many do you think they'll sell to the scooter crowd here and in Europe.
    (Again, a lot)

How many do you think they'll sell to folks who don't need a wheelchair yet can't walk very far.
    (more than a few)

How many to teenagers who can't afford a car?
    (a lot)

How many to young urbanites? (a LOT).

You might think America is all about image. Not really accurate though, as scooters are wildly popular and I've never seen anyone on one that didn't look a bit dorky.

I think your playing devils advocate. Personally, I think they will be successful, though they won't transform the universe.

Regards,
    -Bouncer-

That looks kind of cool...... PSYCH!!! Bahahahahaaa

I'll stick to rollerblades and bike riding. Screw pedestrians, I ride through the sidewalk and knock 'em all down!
    <sarcastic>um... yeah</sarcastic>

Wanna get pwned?

Quote Originally Posted by raromoney View Post
    Thanks EvilAjax!
    Yup, I'm baaaackkk!

EvilAjax unbanned, reinforces stereotypes with gunplay braggadocio...