Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Compaq Computers

Thumbs down Compaq Computers

Don't Buy one !!!! They are nothing but problems - everything has to come from Compaq - Get this one - I put a new Cd rom in my kids ( real Easy) Well I changed the Ribbon Cable to the new one that came with The new Cd - rom and bang it messed up the Bios Big time - Went back to the Compaq Ribbion Cable and everything is fine - the Power Supply You just can't Buy any PS you have to use one from Compaq it will not work with there MOBO - So If you don't like some one Tell them to Buy A compaq Presario

Thanks

Duzmor
    (The Protection of all with the Wadget Eye)
    (Never Trust Intel To Do AMD'S Job)

The Earth's Companion Freezing Moon's Avatar
    Orbiting the Earth Number of moons frozen: 6
    What's even worse is their proprietary software that they install for you. It's even on their recovery CD, so you can't install Windows without their junk. You'd need to buy another copy of Windows *LOL*.

Also, if you look at the prices of Compaq computers, they are WAAAAAY too high, at least over here. You can save a couple hundred bucks by building your own machine *L*.

Compaq=teh sux0rs

Cheers,
    Ronald
    At one with fear / Careless if you fall
    Beneath the earth / Your heart may feel the call
    Can't let your mind be tainted / By the praying men
    Divinity burns in thunder / Over again
    My Dying Bride - A Cruel Taste Of Winter

Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your sig and help me take over the world.

dont forget their limited bios and ya seed i can save at least 200 building my vs. a compaq

Re: Compaq Computers

Originally posted by Duzmor
    So If you don't like some one Tell them to Buy A compaq Presario
    I'll recommend that to all my enemies.

I feel sorry for the Family thats has saved for (2 years) And they rush out to BestBuy and the Computer Kid at the store Sells them A Compaq with a $300.00 Rebait - they get it home and 2 weeks it stops working (and tech support looks for page # 6 - 123 Computer won't work - start here - 5 week later it still won't work

7 weeks go buy (new MOBO -New Hd- New sound card-New Video Card- New 56k and a New Case

Duzmor

Yeah, I sent my old Presario 5070 down to my sister-in-law, now I get called at least once a week for tech support.......and I thought I was getting rid of it too!

Compaq=teh sux0rs=understatement!

i could have told you that, thats all we use at work, and they are unstable POS's, even with windows 2000, we have older digital P2 300's and they are stable as hell! But unfortunatly compaq took over digital
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilog B
    Loading the dishwasher at brembo's house means bringing the fiancee a sixpack home.

My previous job used all Compaqs too.

We were always using photoshop, homesite, and word in tandem with vshield running in the background.

My God! The things would crash at least once a day if you weren't UNGODLY careful with what you were doing. At first I thought it was the programs, because the machines were 500mhz P3's with 128 megs of ram. But when I loaded up the same proggies at home my machine didnt even burp.

The only way to keep my machine at work stable was to use AnalogX's maxmem and flush the memory every 20 minutes to free up wasted resources.

Thank god we won't see Compaq for much longer since its gonna be all HP! (they merged)

Uninsured for your health
    I have a freind in Warren, Michigan that bought a Compaq...now when she tries to open files larger than 2 megs, Windows crashes...if she tries to open a Flash movie, the entire system crashes...

Compaq says it's the mobo, but I disagree...I say it's Compaq...if they would NOT use their own proprietary hardware and go with the standards, I would have fixed it for her while I was there this past summer...150 at any computer shop and she would be blazing...
    Quote Originally Posted by Three Rivers Designs
    America! Love it or give it back!

Originally posted by Jigga76
    Thank god we won't see Compaq for much longer since its gonna be all HP! (they merged)
    Oh, like HP computers are SOOOOO much better!

Compaq...reminds me of a Packard Bell I once had. *shudder*

Worst.
    Purchase.
    Ever.

My Packard Bell = teh best purchase EVAR

its slow as hell.. but it was top of the line at the time (7 years ago). it's rock solid
    Originally posted by UnitedWeStand Don't go walking up to her and say "I just had a vasectomy wanna celebrate?
    Originally posted by EvilAngel Actually Kitten just got the sonagram done and the doc thought it was twins at first, but soon realized that it was the boys pen1s laying next to him....lol
    Said by XSeanX on AIM I wish girls were a lot easier
    Originally posted by Needlefreak May the fleas of a thousand taliban camels feast happily on your lower region..
    Originally posted by Jim Heart attack on a bun?

COMPAQ and HP merge....what's the difference? They are both worthless. Our 911 center uses HP's as workstations, a very big mistake. My boss just purchased a Compaq for his office. I give it 60 days and he'll try to give it up. He already pawned another Compaq on his secretary and has caused nothing but daily problems. I don't care for Gateway, but would take on over a Compaq anytime.
    New keyboard, but still no "any" key.

Uninsured for your health
    Originally posted by SGTMAJRET
    COMPAQ and HP merge....what's the difference? They are both worthless. Our 911 center uses HP's as workstations, a very big mistake. My boss just purchased a Compaq for his office. I give it 60 days and he'll try to give it up. He already pawned another Compaq on his secretary and has caused nothing but daily problems. I don't care for Gateway, but would take on over a Compaq anytime.
    I would agree

With Compaq, they void any warrenty if third party hardware is installed, however, Gateway will just tack on a small service fee around 10 bucks or so to load the drivers for your third party stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Three Rivers Designs
    America! Love it or give it back!

Originally posted by Duzmor
    I feel sorry for the Family thats has saved for (2 years) And they rush out to BestBuy and the Computer Kid at the store Sells them A Compaq with a $300.00 Rebait - they get it home and 2 weeks it stops working (and tech support looks for page # 6 - 123 Computer won't work - start here - 5 week later it still won't work

7 weeks go buy (new MOBO -New Hd- New sound card-New Video Card- New 56k and a New Case

Duzmor
    lol, i'm the dude that sells the computer to the family, mujajajajajajaja...
    UNOFFICIAL THREAD-ENDER

I would trade a Packard Bell for anything maybe even a toaster. My wife has a PB and I once tried to remove the Hd. Haa. I would have had to COMPLETELY disasemble the case to do it, not to mention the third pci slot so high in the case it is completely useless
    It came upon a midnight clear up my nose

Here is one that I can not figure out Why does Compaq set all the hardware (Like Cdrom -Burners- HD- - to CS (Cable Select) Most computers are set to Master our Slave

Duzmor

i have a compaq... i never had a problem yet... or anything matter fact its great.... i also have alienware, dell , a hewlitte packard...

it just seems like some people have bad luck
    Give me a fish, and you feed me for a day, teach me to fish and I won't be so damn lazy.

Originally posted by SpeedMan
    i have a compaq... i never had a problem yet... or anything matter fact its great.... i also have alienware, dell , a hewlitte packard...

it just seems like some people have bad luck
    Damn when badluck hits a company, it hits it hard because not a one of the Compaq's I or my former coworkers worked with was worth a wooden nickel.

i got my compaq about a year and a half and have had a few bumps in the road but for the present it runs great.