Thread: CD burning softwares for TDK Velocd in WinXP

Question CD burning softwares for TDK Velocd in WinXP

TDK velocd comes with Nero 5.5, i personally don't like it.
    i was wondering if someone knows any other software which supports tdk velocd in windows xp ??
    i've tried the Easy CD Creator 5.02 Platinum but looks like it doesn't support TDK drives.

thanks
    Windows XP Professional
    Athlon 1.4@1500 GHz 266Mhz
    Abit KG7 raid
    512 MB DDR registered
    TDK CD-RW 24X10X40X VeloCD
    Radeon 64 MB DDR vivo
    IBM 40 GB 60GXP 7200
    Pioneer 16X DVD
    Enermax 431 PSU
    Globalwin wbk38
    Philips Acoustic Edge 5.1 706
    Enlight 7237 Case

Find a way or Make a way!

Hummm.....from what I read, XP does support EZ. Look for the newest version on the Roxio site or the upgrade. XP does not support Direct CD or InCD from either of those products. In fact with XP you don't need them anyway. Simply drag and drop to your burner.

What don't you like about Nero? Just curious.
    The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, and prejudices to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own for the children and the children yet unborn and the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone.

downhill, i have a question for u. i'm trying to make a bootable windows xp cdrom. will xp's burner software extract the two boot files needed from a .bin file?

Originally posted by Dementia
    downhill, i have a question for u. i'm trying to make a bootable windows xp cdrom. will xp's burner software extract the two boot files needed from a .bin file?
    Ummm...dunno. From what I understand, XP's stuff is drag and drop. If you do that to a bin file, that's exactly what you end up with.

I'd do this. Burn your bin file to a cd with DiskJuggler or Fireburner. Or you could convert that bin with a proggy called ISO Buster or BinChucker. Convert them to an empty folder. If you know what files your looking for, you can now see them. You can use any proggie to burn it with. If you do a search for them, they should show up.

Still, I'm not sure what your trying to do. You do know that you can set your bios to boot first from cdrom. Then load windows?
    The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, and prejudices to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own for the children and the children yet unborn and the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone.

yeah i know about the bios. what i'm trying to do is create a bootable Windows CD-Rom. (the whole reason to set your bios to boot from cd-rom first.) the current windows xp cd that i have does not have any boot sector files on it, being why i need to extract them from a .bin file that i have. you did answer my question though. thank you.

Floating down a river of Dingleberry Juice
    This took me a while to find!!! This is what I used and it works perfect. Just follow the directions listed here.
    MSI 845 Ultra-ARU
    p4 1.8a @ 47 BILLION
    radeon8500 (4 HS's)
    2 80gig WD se's raid0/120gig WD
    30gigWD/15gigMaxtor/1.2gig WD
    512megs corsair pc3000xms

I have this link onetrue. thats just the problem, EZ CD doesn't recognize my CD-Writer, thus i cannot created a bootable cd . any other ideas will be greatly appreciated though.

i prefer clone-cd. Rights 1:1 copy and is alwyas dependable

I dunno. I'm wondering if I find a program that can extract the two bootsector files from the .bin file I have and just burn these two boot files, will that make the disc bootable??????