Thread: XP again...

XP again...

Hey...
    I have followed as many instructions as possible regarding tweaking WinXP. I still have a few questions though. I don't get the whole rwin thing... I can't run the IP-test cause it looks like the page is down. Besides that I don't understand how to use the SG's System ini tweak set at 7168...
    Here's my specs: P3, 933Mhz, 256MB Ram (laptop).
    Hope you can help me out!!
    Thanks!

Panama City, FL and a FAN of Dale Earnhardt Jr. Bud Chevy & NASCAR , and the Atlanta Braves
    Analyzer works for me

XP Tweaks in sig

Click on help thread below in signature and follow directions exactly, please leave your OS and system specs if you have not done so.Also if you have Cablenuts adjuster installed I need to know that. There are some Tips and how to do speed test on help thread. Thank you and good luck. Please do this AFTER you install patches:

Please click in my signature where it says Test tweak here, then:
    At top where it says edit click and select, Select all,
    Then go back to same edit button at top, click and select copy.
    Come back to Speedguide, same thread you were on, in post reply box, with cursor blinking at begining of box go to top, edit, click, select paste, click, this will put information in box. Please X out your IP address, Thank you.

hmm...

hi...
    I've posted my specs above... running WinXP DevilsOwn.
    For some reason I can't get in to the analyzer page... Could it has something to do with that my university LAN blooks some IP's?? The same reason I can't use Kazaa, Morpheus etc.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks

Treat yourself to a REAL Windows XP, because those Devilsclown stuff is not worth it and you will find yourself that you can't log on one day.
    Live to chase your dream...

hehe

True... I know that's the fact, but I can't really buy it yet, can I?
    But lets say I would like check out the "real version" before I buy it, what version should I look for *wink*....?

Grab one off the shelve tommorrow morning, although you have to line up to get it, it's problably worth it. I am going to stick with my 2k pro though.
    Live to chase your dream...

ok...

... I will think about it =).
    But back to the subject... How can I do the IP analyzer thing?? I think that mt LAN only lets me connect to a server on port 21...

Panama City, FL and a FAN of Dale Earnhardt Jr. Bud Chevy & NASCAR , and the Atlanta Braves
    Turn off fire wall and try analayer, type sysedit in run bow, sys ini tweak goes under 386th Enh, See XP tweaks in my sig

Question well...

this is where my problem is... when I look in System.ini I can only find [386enh].... is that the same??
    Can't really turn of firewall since I'm connected through a University LAN so there's nothing I can do about it... or is there??
    Thanks

this is where my problem is... when I look in System.ini I can only find [386enh].... is that the same??
    Yes thats were it goes, dont have answer to other

Unhappy sorry..... feeling kinda stupid here...

sorry for all the stupid questions but where exactly does it go... do I just write 7168 instead of 386Enh or under it or what??

Thanks

Hey I had the same problem with all of my filesharing clients.
    Go to Network Connections under Control Panel. Right click on the ethernet card. Go to advanced, then turn off the firewall that is on by default. There you go. And the Devilsown is just fine.

ok

All I can find under the Advanced Tab is this:
    PME Enable
    Magic Packet Wakeup
    Link Wakeup(Off->On/only...)
    Link Wakeup(On->Off/only...)
    Wakeup Frame
    Unicast Frame Wakeup
    Mediatype

Which one oh these is the firewall??
    Thanks

Go to local network connection properties and under advanced it should have a box with "protect my computer and network...."
    Uncheck that box. Make sure you right click and have properties.

start>control panel>network connections>NIC...right click, properties, advanced tab.

THat is how you configure the firewall, unless you got a bunk version of devilsown. YOu can get a perfect one from me. Also goto windowsupdate.com as there are several updates now.
    Last edited by azureblade7; 10-26-01 at 11:50 AM.